Poor Gabriel, 8yo

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yaxomoxay, May 12, 2017.

1. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

I have no words. An 8yo boy gets assaulted in school, lays on the floor for twenty minutes while people walk past him, the school doesn't say anything to the parents, and then poor Gabriel kills himself.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ide-investigation/319589001/?csp=breakingnews

The school staff should be charged for conspiracy and failure to aid. If they had told something to the mother the suicide might have been prevented.

2. Morpheo macrumors 65816

Morpheo

I'm literally speechless. Poor little boy. What a horrible tragedy!

3. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

That's really awful. Shocking really. Poor little guy. He deserved better. I hope some changes come out of this so this never happens again.

4. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Not sure about the laws in Ohio but I swear to god my wife or I get a call if one of my kids hairs is out of place.

5. yaxomoxay thread starter macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Same here in TX

6. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

"Ethan bumped his knee at recess and we administered an ice pack for 20 minutes."

"Can he walk?"

"He's walking fine, just a little bruise."

"Call me when he can't walk".

7. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

"In an effort to be completely transparent, we are releasing the video" oh sure after you lied to the mother.

8. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

It's this kind of thing that gives the US a bad name (similar things happen in the UK as well). My impression is that until teachers recognise an assault by one child (or children) on another child can be as devastating as an adult getting attacked, this kind of thing will continue to happen.

9. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Hopefully they sue the hell out of the school and the parents of these pieces of ****.

Pretty sure with advances in AI they may be able to detect this type of stuff in the future and respond immediately.

10. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Someday I'm going to have kids, not sure how yet but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. When I do, I swear I'm going to raise them to be better humans than this.

11. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

yes this almost got swept under the carpet.

12. IHelpId10t5 macrumors 6502

So you really think that having cameras and AI follow the every-move of you or your kids is a good idea? Please tell us that you are kidding!!!

This is indeed a tragedy for this young child and family but I'm not sure what is more threatening to me, a future where a rare but tragic bullying event occurs, or 24/7 monitoring of everything that law-abiding citizens do. Are you also in favor of pre-testing for thoughts that may indicate the potential for a child to become a problem so they can be dealt with ahead of time?

In summary, this bully should likely be in jail as a juvenile and any administrators at the school that hid this should be punished as well. However, the suggestion of monitoring the every move of human beings in the hopes of preventing such events should be horrifying to any intelligent person living in a free nation.

13. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Bullying is not rare. Been going on forever.

14. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The camera was already in place, and cameras will continue to be added and used in public locations.
    --- Post Merged, May 12, 2017 ---
    Don't remember half the school walking past a kid knocked out cold on the floor though.