Poor life of new batteries after water damage

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sighted, Sep 16, 2015.

1. sighted macrumors newbie

Has anyone else had a similar experience to this?

My iPhone 6 was water damaged (dropped in the toilet), and I thought it was most likely dead after it wouldn't turn on for a week. After bringing it to a repair shop, I found out that only the battery needed replacing, and they replaced it with a used (original) battery from another iPhone 6 that they were using for parts.

The life of the replacement battery was almost half of the original battery. (From 24 hours to 15.) Thinking that the replacement battery had already been worn out in the old phone, I brought it back, and asked for a new one. However, the new one (non-original) is just as bad.

Could there be something resulting from the water damage that is causing so much battery consumption? Or am I just having a run of bad luck with batteries?

2. chscag macrumors 68000

Water damaged electronic devices can be unpredictible. If a new battery is giving you the same amount of charge as the used one, then either the phone charging system is damaged or the new battery is not a quality battery.