Poor reception and wifi connectivity issues with the iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thesmallelder, Oct 3, 2014.

1. thesmallelder macrumors newbie

Jan 7, 2006
    Is anyone noticing worse cell phone reception and intermittent WiFi connectivity issues with their new 6? I'm getting 3 bars around my house and the wifi will occasionally stop working even when I am right next to the router. If I turn wifi on and off again, it will fix the problem.

I always received 5 bars with my 6 plus and 5s. Swapping the SIM card with the 6 plus in the same spot gives 5 bars, and I never had any wifi issues for the past 2 weeks that I've been using it. I'm curious if this is an issue because of the 6 design or if it's my specific phone.

Googling this problem brings up some similar anecdotal reports on the Apple forum where a replacement didn't not have an effect. Looking to hear from people who have made a switch from the 5s or 6+ to the 6. I'm a bit disappointed because I like the 6 in every other way.
  2. ssl0408 macrumors 65816

Sep 22, 2013
    New York
    I'm having the same LTE signal on my 5S and 6, and on the 5S the wifi issue is downright awful. I traded in the 5S and now have a 6, and I've had the wifi drop maybe twice. Hope this helps. I think it is the software.
  3. thesmallelder thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 7, 2006
    I think you're right about it being a software issue. The fact that turning wifi on and off temporarily fixes the problem leads me to agree with that. When everything works properly, the 6 beats the 5s in loading all pages by a noticeable margin.