Popping sound through headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nermal, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Hi,

I'm having an intermittent issue when playing music on my 4S. Most of the time it's flawless but occasionally I'll hear a popping sound for 2-3 seconds. It may then work normally for another hour or so, then give me a few seconds of popping again.

I read that OS 5.1 was supposed to resolve some sound issues, but that hasn't fixed it. I've tried different headphones and have also done a restore.

I *think* the issue is most likely to occur when the phone is sending/receiving 3G (WCDMA 850 MHz) data, but I'm not certain whether that's the issue or not.

Has anyone else run into this?

2. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Are you hearing it through different pairs of headphones or having you only tested this with one?

3. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

As the issue is intermittent I've taken some time to test things. It happens regularly (multiple times per day) when I'm at work, but so far has never happened at home. This makes me suspect that something at work is interfering with it. I've noticed that my desk phone will buzz if I have my iPhone too close to it, so I've tried sitting my iPhone at the other end of the desk but I still get the popping sound (but no buzzing from the desk phone).

My desktop PC, as far as I'm aware, does not have any sort of wireless so I don't believe that the interference is coming from there. Of course, I could be on the wrong track.