Porsche 911 Carrera (Freaking Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iHatePCs

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2004
www.macrumors.com
Okay, my 16th is tomorrow... and I just found out from my mom (who can't keep secrets) that my dad is giving me his 2004 Porsche and he's going to buy himself a bmw z4... I am freaking out over here... I can hardly even type! I'm so excited... Wish me good luck on the road (sadly with somone in the passegener seat all the time :()

p.s. Whats your favorite Porsche model???

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
You are very lucky, and it's great, but please, BE CAREFUL. Giving a 16yr old a 911 seems an incredibly stupid thing to do. You have no driving experience, and a 911 is way to much for you (or any other 16yr old) to handle IMO.

edit: I sound like a grumpy old git, seriously, enjoy it, you are VERY lucky, just try not to kill yourself or anyone else!

BakedBeans

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2004
What's Your Favorite Posish
edesignuk said:
and a 911 is way to much for you (or any other 16yr old) to handle IMO.
i dont just think its about age, its down to individuality of the driver,
you might not want to go to mad though, then again - why would you dad trade a 2004 911 carrera for a z4!?!

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
As someone who drove a fast sports car as a teenager (albeit, nothing like a 911 carrera!), I'm well aware that teenage boys can do stupid things when they're behind the wheel of such a car. BE CAREFUL. The fact is, you're probably going to wreck that car sooner or later, but more importantly, you need to not get yourself hurt in the process.

iHatePCs

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2004
www.macrumors.com
AL-FAMOUS said:
i dont just think its about age, its down to individuality of the driver,
you might not want to go to mad though, then again - why would you dad trade a 2004 911 carrera for a z4!?!
I've been obsessed with Porches since I was only 5 and he told me when he first got it that It would be mine someday. My mom told me that he doesnt care whats he's driving in as long as it gets him to where his going (although he does prefer something with a european design)

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
:eek:

drive safely, wear the seat-belt.
I don't agree with your dad in choice of car though, i'd prefer the porche over the bmw any day.

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
iHatePCs said:
Okay, my 16th is tomorrow... and I just found out from my mom (who can't keep secrets) that my dad is giving me his 2004 Porsche and he's going to buy himself a bmw z4... I am freaking out over here... I can hardly even type! I'm so excited... Wish me good luck on the road (sadly with somone in the passegener seat all the time :()

p.s. Whats your favorite Porsche model???
if you wreck this machine i will personally kill you. :)

Have fun ... don't drink and drive ... don't drive fast unless it's a controlled environment ... and give the girls smooth ride. ;)

**** man ... nice car.

peace | neut

iHatePCs

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2004
www.macrumors.com
Chaszmyr said:
As someone who drove a fast sports car as a teenager (albeit, nothing like a 911 carrera!), I'm well aware that teenage boys can do stupid things when they're behind the wheel of such a car. BE CAREFUL. The fact is, you're probably going to wreck that car sooner or later, but more importantly, you need to not get yourself hurt in the process.
I'm not dumb or wreckless while on the road. I know how to control anger and when to pull over (adreneline rushes) I've drove the thing about 5 times before and have been fine everytime. (Always stay the speed limit)

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
iHatePCs said:
No, not rich... just have hard working parents (who work practically 24/7 by the way)
Not rich? C'mon :rolleyes:

Giving a 911 for a 16th birthday present, buying a new Z4, and paying a **** load for your education. Not saying that your parents don't work hard for it, but you can't keep saying about how much is spent on this, that and the other, then turn round and say not rich.

edit: beat me vniow!

iHatePCs

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2004
www.macrumors.com
edesignuk said:
Not rich? C'mon :rolleyes:

Giving a 911 for a 16th birthday present, buying a new Z4, and paying a **** load for your education. Not saying that your parents don't work hard for it, but you can't keep saying about how much is spent on this, that and the other, then turn round and say not rich.

edit: beat me vniow!
What for a yearly income for two parents is considered rich???

p.d. edesign I am not familiar with pounds... sorry :p

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
gwuMACaddict said:
glad somebody called you out on this. thats rich where i come from...

enjoy the car
edit: checked his profile.

Biography:
Artistic, Graphic Designer, Athletic and my parents are stinking rich.

dumbass

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
iHatePCs said:
What for a yearly income for two paretns is considered rich???
I wouldn't like to put a figure on it. But for any normal person anywhere in the world I'd say that giving your son a 911, then buying yourself a new Z4, while paying $25k tuition fees + all the other stuff we don't know about would be considered pretty dammed well off - aka "rich".

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
iHatePCs said:
No, not rich... just hard working parents (who work practically 24-7 by the way)
Seeing as the average income for a wage earner in the U.S. is ~$37,875.00...

Weeeelllll, I hate to break it to you, but being able to afford to give a $64,000 car to your 16 year old for his birthday puts your family in the "rich" category as far as I'm concerned. My first car I got from both my hard working, college educated parents, was when I was 19 (and 1/2 way through college that I paid for). It was a 1979 Buick LeSabre and I paid for it myself. $800.

Great gift though.. chalk it up to jealousy on my part.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
When I was 16, I drove 50MPH on a residential street, trying to impress my friends. Looking back, it was a pretty stupid thing to do. Oh well. Good chances I didn't hit anyone. I consider myself pretty fortunate.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors G5
May 7, 2004
Sod off
That's the last car I'd chose to give someone as their first car! :eek:

Just wait till the first insurance bill comes, ooof. I thought mine was awful. :rolleyes:

Cripes I work hard too - maybe it's a lot less hard than I thought. Few archeologists drive Porsches, I'm afraid. :(

Have fun, and STAY SAFE. Remember that a 911 WILL make you pay for your mistakes EVERY TIME, unlike your average transportation. Enjoy. ;)

iHatePCs

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2004
www.macrumors.com
gwuMACaddict said:
edit: checked his profile.

Biography:
Artistic, Graphic Designer, Athletic and my parents are stinking rich.

dumbass
Hey, before you call me a dumbass you might want to think before you speak, it's a joke with some of my friends from school... so please watch how you talk to me. :mad:

iHatePCs

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2004
www.macrumors.com
edesignuk said:
I wouldn't like to put a figure on it. But for any normal person anywhere in the world I'd say that giving your son a 911, then buying yourself a new Z4, while paying $25k tuition fees + all the other stuff we don't know about would be considered pretty dammed well off - aka "rich".
Knowing my dad I'm pretty sure he'll probably get a loan for it.

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
you need to reconsider what you're going to post on this site and what you're going to put in your profile if you want to be taken seriously

we aren't privey to all of your 'inside jokes'

mod note: no insults please..

Status
Not open for further replies.