Port fowarding on airport Extreme for WoW

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by superfro432, Dec 14, 2009.

1. superfro432 macrumors newbie

I'm updating WoW, and it says "you computer appears to be behind a firewall" i click more info and it says "The Blizzard Downloader requires that ports 3724 and 6112 be open. It can also benefit from having ports 6881 through 6999 open. " how do i do this, i have an airport extreme base station. that i connect wirelessly to. anyone please?

2. HBOC macrumors 68020

Hey, i just bought the airport extreme not 6 hours ago, and i found this guide.

http://portforward.com/english/rout...e/XBOX360_Call_of_Duty_-_Modern_Warfare_2.htm

granted it is for the xbox and for MW2, you can search that site and find what you need.

To get into the settings (I haven't done this yet, but this is how you get to the settings in the router)..

applications>ultilities>airport utility app.. Then click on manual set up and then you go into the settings and forward whatever you need to. here is a picture of what the screen looks like

Attached Files:

3. iMatthew macrumors member

iMatthew

You shouldn't have to do anything as its just detecting your airport extreme as a firewall. The ports should automatically allow the updater to connect and work and you shouldn't have to forward anything.