Ported my number to AT&T, iphone backordered, old account deactivated?!!!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by debo, Oct 9, 2012.

1. debo macrumors regular

So I ported my number from straight talk back to at&t in order to get the iPhone 5 as I was not happy with straight talk's data. The phone is on back order but they have already deactivated my account due to the port?

What are my options other than to do without a phone for 3-4 weeks? I haven't lost the number since it's been ported. My wife's iPhone 5 comes tomorrow so after it comes I'll have her old AT&T micro sim here and I also have a micro sim in my iPad 2. What is my best course of action here?

2. LoloBond macrumors 6502

Once they port they number your only option is to get a used phone and get a sim...

3. debo thread starter macrumors regular

I realize that. I have my old iPhone. Basically I'm asking can they reprogram an old SIM to my number or does it have to be a fresh unused SIM?

4. kjlake macrumors member

To the best of my knowledge, if you go to an ATT store, they will give you a new SIM.

5. debo thread starter macrumors regular

it's $25 for a new sim, which is why I wanted to know if I can use my wife's old one and have it reprogrammed.

6. phillyphill macrumors 6502

phillyphill

No you have to get a new sim card just go to an att store and talk to them or call customer care and explain that you need a phone most times they will note the account that you can go pick up a sim for free. and just make sure you go to an att corporate store.

7. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

My AT&T has never charged me for SIM cards when I sold my 4s I just went in n told them I need my 3G iPhone turned back on n she pop in new sim n I was on my way!

8. snook911 macrumors 6502a

where did you get this information. I have gotten many free sim cards from the at&t store. When ever I needed to switch phones I just went in told them I needed a sim for this phone and they give me one. Pretty sure you could do the same.

9. debo thread starter macrumors regular

Weird, I called the closest store and that's what they told me.

10. MartyF81 macrumors 6502

11. debo thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks everyone. I went in there and they set up my SIM for free. Not sure why they said $25 on the phone. Maybe that wasn't an actual store and just an authorized retailer? I went to an actual store.