Porting number T-mobile to Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dakota558, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Dakota558 macrumors member

I just received my phone today. When I ordered it (at a Verizon store), I asked them to port my number from T-mobile to Verizon. I have not yet activated the phone, but when I look in the documents and received together with the phone, it does not mention anything about porting a number and I also have new number on the receipt.
    If anyone have any experience with porting a number to Verizon, is this normal or will I just activate the new number when I activate the phone?

2. MsRandall macrumors 65816

MsRandall

Same thing happened to me with wirefly. Just go here http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/LNPControllerServlet
    this will start your port.

3. Chargr macrumors regular

Chargr

Im doing the same thing, i currently have a tmobile number, but what Verizon told me was that once I got my iPhone that I go to the store and port it. So that's what I'm doing.

4. Dakota558 thread starter macrumors member

I get two options there, either to check if the number is eligible which is, or to check port status, and I get the following message:

"We are sorry, we could not locate a port request for the number that you entered. Please check the number and try again. If you feel you have received this message in error, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-922-0204. Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless."

So that probably indicates that they forgot to put in the port request when I ordered the phone?

5. Dakota558 thread starter macrumors member

Just got off the phone with customer service and I got the process started. They apparently forgot to do that when I ordered the phone.

6. Dakota558 thread starter macrumors member

Another problem here. When I look at the port status online I get a message saying that the account password/pin provided is wrong. I've tried with the password I have for my online account on T-Mobile, but that doesn't work. Does anyone know what password they are talking about?

7. Mr Hill macrumors 6502

The PIN for your account is different from your online password. It's a 4 digit number. Call Tmobile customer service and they should be able to tell you what it is.