Portrait/landscape rotation unreliable, especially on homescreen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eekcat, Oct 3, 2014.

1. eekcat macrumors 6502a

(iPhone 6+, 8.0.2)

Has anyone else noticed that auto-rotation is unreliable? Yes, I've checked to ensure that rotation lock is not enabled. Rotating the phone doesn't always cause the display to rotate from portrait to landscape and vice versa. This is particularly easy to reproduce on the homescreen. It flat out won't rotate until I start an app. The app, most of the time, will rotate properly, and exiting back out to home produces the correct orientation.

2. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I've seen it be a bit stubborn on occasion but usually don't have the problem.

:apple:

3. TerpCJ macrumors newbie

Standard or Zoomed mode?

The 6 Plus has a setting under displays, for standard or zoomed. I had it in zoomed and the rotation would not work.
    After some fiddling around, I remembered I had put it in zoomed mode, when i changed it back to Standard mode, the rotation worked again.

4. eekcat thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmm.. I'm in standard mode. I just tested it more, and sure enough after I went back into setting to check standard/zoomed, it rotated properly, but the icons were unresponsive (as if it was expecting to be in the other rotation) until I rotated (it worked this time!)

Just weird.