Portrait or Landscape

orientation

• Total voters

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
I am really curious to see what people use most. I noticed a lot of people who complain about the "stretched" 4" screen say they use the phone in landscape mode the most. I personally never use landscape and actually lock the phone to stay in portrait.

edit: if you use landscape for web browsing only, post that in a comment

Last edited:

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
The options in the poll might have included something in between...I use my phone mostly in portrait mode for all tasks except web browsing. Then I change to landscape.
grr i wish i could edit the poll.

allonym

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2009
Portrait except for games, many of which can only be played in landscape. I don't play games much so voted portrait.

TG1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
Portrait except for games, watching videos (Netflix, YouTube), and using the camera.

Want300

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Portrait Locked FTW. I hate Landscape, and thanks to Mattopotamus... I found the portrait lock button in my iPhone.

Can't stand that landscape keyboard, but I have had an iPhone since Day 1... And whether i liked the keyboard then or not, it was my only choice for the phone until iOS 3 right?? Never had a problem with the keyboard.

Attachments

MLG

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2012
I prefer landscape and would use it a lot more if there was more space left above the keyboard...which there would be if the screen was wider.

miamialley

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2008
Orange County, California
Who's NOT going to say portrait unless ALL they do is use Safari? Most all iPhone apps are designed for portrait use. Not much can be learned from this poll I'm afraid.

Last edited: