POS TRUMP USES MOM'S DEATH FOR PERSONAL GAIN

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mac'nCheese, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

"Donald Trump was slammed Saturday for a tweet he posted about the death of Nykea Aldridge, a 32-year-old Chicago resident and cousin of NBA superstar Dwyane Wade, who was shot and killed on Friday.

“Dwayne [sic] Wade’s cousin was just shot and killed walking her baby in Chicago,” Trump wrote, spelling Wade’s first name wrong. “Just what I have been saying. African-Americans will VOTE TRUMP!” He later deleted the initial tweet and reposted it with Wade’s name spelled correctly."

Just like he has before, Trump uses a tragedy to boast about knowing everything in a bid to get the black vote.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/27/donald-trump-dwyane-wade-tweet

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Oh holy crap! If Trump keeps this up, he'll beat Clinton. I highly encourage him to keep this up. Please, please keep this up. Actually, if he could do more of this with even more energy, he'd have 80-90% of the black vote in no time. It's a guaranteed path to victory. He's obviously got his finger on the pulse of black America.

3. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Ugh. And talking about himself in the third person yet again. Who does that? Creepy and deranged.

4. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

If a black person did the typo, nobody would care. Racism is alive in well and in so many ways nobody would ever think of despite incidents being all over the place and in plain sight, or otherwise even tolerate if the situations were reversed.

Imagine, in 1995, if the lead juror who couldn't pronounce "Orenthal James" correctly were white? The way it was mispronounced, there would have been even another frigging riotous bloodbath.

5. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I don't think the typo is really what most people are upset about.

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I'm not upset at all, actually. I welcome this kind of statement. It hastens his descent into ignominy.

7. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I didn't mean you, sorry. And I agree.

8. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

9. zin macrumors 6502

Thank god somebody is shining light on the crime-ridden city of Chicago. A 72% increase in the murder rate in just one year is nothing to be proud of.

10. Robisan macrumors 6502

Sorry to keep quoting from Balloon Juice, but this is pretty spot on:

A Gaping Void Where “Self-Awareness” and “Human Decency” Are Supposed to Be…

Donald Trump in a speech last week:

“The bigotry of Hillary Clinton is amazing. She sees communities of color only as votes, and not as human beings. It is only votes that she sees.”​

Donald Trump on Twitter this morning:

Dwyane Wade's cousin was just shot and killed walking her baby in Chicago. Just what I have been saying. African-Americans will VOTE TRUMP!​

11. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Donald likes his chicken spicy.

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

A perfect encapsulation of the ridiculousness of the Trump campaign, and the hollowness of their accusations.

She's a bigot! <does bigoted stuff>. She's got Omar Mateen's father behind him! <Said in front of Mark Foley>. She only sees blacks as votes! <sees blacks, calls them votes>. She's a criminal! <gives depositions in fraud suits>. She has poor judgement! <fires campaign director over mounting legal problems>.

13. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Yeah, I saw this on Twitter. It was lame co-opting of tragedy.

14. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

I'm not sure this is using a dead woman for "personal gain". He is noting a well publicized death to highlight the rampant violence in Chicago and other poor, violent neighborhoods.

This is no different than invoking recollections mass murders to promote gun control or citing the tradjety of 9/11 to justify poltical action.

It's a common pretty tool used by all politicians on both sides, in addition to the media and advertising.

Don't get me wrong, Trump claims he will "fix it"... With no clear message as how do it. So he says it, therefore it shall be done?

15. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I don't think Trump did anything out of line here. It's equivalent to saying "I'm gonna clean up the streets so moms like ______ don't have to suffer this fate."

The Trump haters will of course see it differently.

16. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

There have been no “#BlackLivesMatter” riots or protests in response.

Two Arrested in Shooting Death of Dwyane Wade’s Cousin Nykea Aldridge

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/two-arrested-in-shooting-death-of-dwyane-wades-cousin/

m.png

Police said Sunday morning that two brothers were arrested and charged for the murder of Nykea Aldridge, cousin of NBA star Dwyane Wade. Aldridge, who had four children, was accidentally struck by a bullet while walking with a stroller in Chicago Friday afternoon. Aldridge was shot in the arm and head, and pronounced dead at a hospital.

Chicago Police Communications Director Anthony Guglielmi announced that Derren and Darwin Sorells had been apprehended and charged overnight.

Guglielmi tweeted that Derren, 22, is a known member of the Gangster Disciples gang and is currently on parole. He said that Darwin, 26, is also on parole, after being released early from a six-year sentence for a gun charge. He had been sentenced in January 2013.​

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I do see it differently but not in the way you think. I don't have a problem with him mentioning it. What I have a problem with is him saying condolences after the fact...if he had switched his tweets around I would have been okay with it. Not that I think he will magically solve this problem. And his continual reference of himself in the 3rd person is still creepy.

18. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

I agree people who speak of themselves in the 3rd person is very odd. I had a teacher like that once but that's a different store. I suppose to be fair "Vote Trump" is a slogan of sort.

I suppose the text limitation of Twitter might explain the condolences thing. I believe he did include it in his related speech.

I suppose one could argue it would have been *more appropriate and respectful* for Trump to invoke the victim's identity specifically in his comments after gaining family permission. The fact he refers to the victim as "Dwyane Wade's Cousin" is also insensitive not even putting her name- Nykea Aldridge

I know a woman, a corporate motivational speaker who was going around with a PowerPoint of my friends sister (unrelated to the woman) using her as a spectacle of great character. My friend's HS-aged sister nor her family had any idea about this until someone from one of the companies that hired this woman (that also knew the family) told them. Super creepy...

19. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Hillary used the khan family .
    How can criminals get guns in Chicago?

20. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

it is called the second amendment.

21. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

In gun controlled Chicago?
    The 2nd does not apply to felons btw

22. 1458279 Suspended

How ironic :D Yet for some reason we're supposed to believe that more gun control laws would work.

23. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

people have guns because of the second amendment. because americans fear the bad guy with a gun creating the bad guy with a gun. Where does it say in the amendment it does not apply to felons????
    you got your cake and get to eat it too it tastes like gun oil.

24. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/identify-prohibited-persons
    gun & democrat controlled chicago full of violence, say it ain't so.

25. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

She didn't use them. They willingly showed up to support her.