Possibility of twin T/Bolt ports on next iMac ?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Duckypoos, May 7, 2012.

1. Duckypoos macrumors member

Hi everyone

long time lurker, first time poster.

Currently running a 15.4" mid 2009 2.53ghz MBP, 8GB ram, 64GB OCZ Petrol boot/OS drive, 120GB 5400rpm hdd, Lion 10.7.3, and I am about to make my first iMac purchase ( once refreshed of course ). I was wondering what peoples thoughts are on the likelihood of the 21.5" model ( or the mac mini ) having two thunderbolt ports, as opposed to the current single port.

I have 2 Acer 21.5" VGA monitors that I wish to continue to utilise with my audio production software ( Ableton Live 8 / Logic Studio - thus potentially making a triple monitor setup after adding the iMac ) and I don't really want to go down the route of buying a Matrox DualHead2Go DP edition to allow this setup.

I have tried the USB Displaylink VGA adapters and they are just too laggy for my needs, as they don't update the VU meters quickly enough.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Regards

2. Labaguette, May 7, 2012
    Last edited: May 7, 2012

Labaguette macrumors regular

please also note that the current generation of mac minis allows at least dual displays by using a displayport-vga adapter and the included hdmi-dvi adapter, as you can derive from the following apple website link.

Technical Specifications of Apple Mac mini

3. Duckypoos thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for your reply.

Just to clarify, it was my understanding that the HDMI port does not support analog signals, therefore is unable to send a signal to a VGA monitor ?

Is this incorrect ?

4. lamboman macrumors 6502

This is correct.