Possible further evidence of surface water erosion on Moon

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Dubdrifter, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Dubdrifter macrumors member

Dubdrifter

This has just popped up on Youtube ….. on a Channel I have referenced before …… surfed around quickly to see if these images were discussed already elsewhere …. didn't see this canyon featured…..

Any moon geologists want to pitch in with theories on how these channels were formed?

As mentioned in the notes ….. this could have interesting implications for those wanting to set up a colony on the Moon ….. this area might have water just below the surface.

2. Dabber56 macrumors newbie

Interesting...it would be good if geologists could also tell us roughly when these erosion formations might have been created .

3. Dubdrifter thread starter macrumors member

Dubdrifter

Must have been originally a substantial period of flow to cut such a long broad channel. The inner groove suggests a more recent cut through the canyon.
    Seeing as no one has mentioned this feature being highlighted before, thought it appropriate to name the canyon Dubdroid's Scar and the area Dub Eden Colony 1.

However, there might be another contender site for the first settlement on the Moon.

http://heraldkeeper.com/news/chandr...nce-widespread-water-lunar-surface-34332.html

4. Dubdrifter thread starter macrumors member

Dubdrifter

Mmm …. Interesting …. this data has been up here on MacRumours and on Youtube for quite a while now ….. with absolutely no interest from the worldwide amateur/professional astronomy community whatsoever. :eek:

1,750 odd people have clicked on this thread and only 63 viewed the Youtube video …..fear of Youtube/malware/suspicions this is CGI fake? :cool:…..Gentlemen, LROC is real, the pictures of the moon are real too.(If NASA can be trusted) No CGI here, if you follow the instructions in the video you can see for yourselves by tapping in the coordinates in the mapping section.

Makes me convinced MacRumours is no longer the place to get intelligent comment and feedback anymore, especially on astronomy subjects + SETI ….. what with Apple's rapid decline from being the tool of the Professional from their MacBook Pro/Snow Leopard heyday …..
    [If you've tried to reduce your storage on iCloud recently without Trashing it off all your Apple devices ….. you'll know what I mean].:mad:

Of course there could be one other reason astronomers are not interested in sites on the moon suitable for colonisation …..<<The moon landings were 'faked' and 'colonial expansion in space is currently technologically impossible'>> ….. which of course is ridiculous …. isn't it??;) …… although some of the evidence suggesting the moon landings were 'faked' is pretty convincing. Especially the stuff Stanley Kubrick is supposed to have shot …. check it out …. very interesting. (Won't supply a link …. nobody clicks on them around here)

5. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

You REALLY have skin in this game, huh?

6. RichardMZhlubb macrumors regular

RichardMZhlubb

Could it be that people have no interest in responding substantively to someone who has repeatedly posted fake astronomy videos on here? I really don’t understand what you get out of spreading this nonsense.

7. MC6800 macrumors 6502

This question was definitively answered long ago by Apollo 15.

8. Dubdrifter thread starter macrumors member

Dubdrifter

Hi Richard, welcome back ….. thought you had left the Forum or had been feeling 'off' after our last exchanges. Glad to see you are still 'in the building'. At least you have an opinion and express it. Call a spade a spade. I like that. o_O

I think it is important people judge each thread posting on the evidence presented from whatever source ….. on the merits of the piece, objectively and with intelligence …. even if the poster may appear particularly objectionable to one ….. eg: Trump posting a new theory on 'Water erosion on the Moon' for instance.:D
    [Moderators pls …. that wasn't a Political thread comment …. that was 'satire'?]

Your opinion all my threads have been 'fake' astronomy, is a rather sweeping statement that others might judge to not be strictly correct.
    But let's not be distracted, back to the subject on the card.

What do you think these 'real' pictures of the moon's surface tell us about the likely prospect this could be a good spot to set up our 'First International/Intergalactic Moon Base'?

…… the reason I use the word "Intergalactic" is because I am hoping any Interplanetary counsins who might be passing by in their UFO's might drop in again on us ….. but this time probably receive a slightly more Humanistic example of our Planet's Hospitality!;) A glass of Moonshine possibly and another chat about their advanced technology we hope!

All those Backwoods Farmers with their shotguns shootin' up 'em critters probably made aliens think we are rather a dangerous species ….. and not just to ourselves! :p

Yeh, I saw the pics …. and more recent ones, even clearer …. just threw that in for a reaction …. cleared the tumbleweed;)

Any thoughts on the water erosion? ….. do you think there are periodic spring eruptions ….. or do you think the inner channel is very old and totally dried up now?

But the source could still be a good spot to initially drill down - being possibly a spring(?) outlet in the past.

9. rafark macrumors 6502

rafark

Is that... Obama's paint? o_O

10. Dubdrifter thread starter macrumors member

Dubdrifter

:D Have to keep this thread 'astronomical' ….. I haven't enough posts to go into 'Political' sections yet and comment.

No ….. the pics are real:) …. instructions in video how to get to the source + map co-ordinates etc LROC website ….. run by NASA(?)

11. RichardMZhlubb macrumors regular

RichardMZhlubb

It's not an opinion, it's an accurate assessment. I've happened across three of your threads in recent months. The first two were promoting falsified hoax videos, and I'm not going to bother even looking into anything else you post. I really don't understand what you get out of pushing this fiction.

12. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Likely affiliated with the channel.

13. Dubdrifter thread starter macrumors member

Dubdrifter

For those who can analyse the 'real' moon pictures in this 'real' video from this real LROC website maybe we can stick to the discussion in the OP
    Thank you, Richard …. care to join this discussion?

14. RichardMZhlubb macrumors regular

RichardMZhlubb

No.

15. Tigger11 macrumors 6502

One word
    VULCANISM

-Tig