Possible iPhone Brightness issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BahaaZ, Apr 2, 2012.

1. BahaaZ macrumors newbie

Hello, I got an iPhone CDMA model and its great. The color isnt warm and not washed out like some other iPhones and is fine. I decide to compare my phone with someone elses iPhone at full brightness(auto off) and noticed his phone looks brighter than mine, even though both phones were on full brightness. The color on both phones were cool/bluish color. Is my phones screen defective?

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

DO you use your phone at full brightness? If not why would there be a problem.:rolleyes:

3. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

You said your phone is great and the screen is fine. Unless you're regularly looking at your phone at full brightness and don't think it's bright enough, there is no problem.

4. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Do you plan on using your phone at full brightness all the time?

5. BahaaZ thread starter macrumors newbie

Sometimes I use my phone at full brightness. But I just want to know if my screen has some sort of defect or software issue.

6. cynics macrumors G3

This.

Even if his/hers was in fact brighter would you be willing to give up an otherwise perfect iPhone?

My 4S is perfect compared to some people's issues on here and if in fact my screen doesn't go up to a brightness level I NEVER use then I'd be more then happy with that.

I think some people are a little too anal about their phones. I absolutely understand how expensive these things are and how you want them to be perfect but it seems like that's few and far between anymore so don't sweat the small stuff you never use.

7. BahaaZ thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm still keeping the phone, and I do not really care if the brightness is off a bit, but I still want to know if this is some sort of defect or just another software problem.

8. cynics macrumors G3

Likely something to due with the screen. Did the one you compared it to have a yellow or blue hue?

9. BahaaZ thread starter macrumors newbie

I compared with my friends phone, and it has the same bluish tint, just his screen is brighter.

10. DroidRules macrumors 65816

No your thinking is.

Do you honestly believe with he manufacture of millions of screens all of them will look the same? It obviously wasn't an issue until you made it one so move on.

11. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Holy Jebus, folks. S/He just came in and politely asked if it's normal for one screen to be brighter than another when they're both set to 11.

OP: If you have a concern take it to a Genius and have them look at it. I assume both phones have no screen protector (or the same kind). It's normal to have slight differences between any two phones, but I wouldn't expect a big difference. If you want to do more research, go to a store with iPhones on display and compare yours to a number of floor models and see how they compare. Either way you have an awesome phone.

12. BahaaZ thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you.

13. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Ok but 5 others seem to post the same redundant mines not identical to someone else's every friggin day. Gets old

14. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

1) Could be a defect on your phone

2) Could be a defect on your friend's phone (too bright for it's own good, causing too much battery drain, etc.)

3) Are you sure you are looking at it with the same viewing angles? Remove the cases when comparing the phones even if the cases don't cover the screen. Also make sure both screens are clean. Make sure both phones are at the same batter power.

4) Your phone could be older (even by like 6 months), therefore the battery/circuitry/screen losing the power/ability to power your phone to full brightness like it is your friend's phone.

(There are so many variables that are unknown when running these types of tests on are own, that we jump to conclusions too quickly, I've done it tons of times)

If you are concerned about the max brightness of your phone, bring it to a genius bar and express your concerns. It won't hurt.

Some people do use their phone at max brightness even if they only do some of the time. (ie. using your phone for navigation in your car in the daylight, hooked up to a power lighter.)