Possible Mutiny? Biden says Obama ad is "terrible"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stevento, Sep 22, 2008.

1. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

This is perplexing. Maybe Biden missed a meeting or something...?
    Biden thinks the Obama ad that pegs McCain as too old (not in so many words) is "terrible." You've seen the ad where Obama says McCain can't use a computer or send an email.
    http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/09/oh-that-joe--10.html
    Is it right for the number 2 man to criticize the number 1 man?

2. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

This is what you think is important? I think you need a reality check. Open your eyes and see what's happened to our once great country.

3. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

4. jplan2008 macrumors regular

No, there's no mutiny. Biden is known for saying what he thinks (gaffes), and that was one. (Obama thinks "too much," and Biden says what he's thinking without censorship -- I prefer either of those to constant lies even about trivialities)

Living in the swing (well, deep pink, but blue this year...), older state of Florida, and seeing the drop in support for people over 65 in general in the polls a few weeks ago, I did think of this ad. There was a better way of making the point, I think --since so many people seem not to think a President should know MORE than them, I think older voters who don't know how to use a computer might have taken it the wrong way.

However, that was two weeks ago, and I agree with motulist that it is now a zero issue. It's the economy, stupid. (and, no, if anyone's too young, I'm not calling anyone here stupid)

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

So what you're saying is that you prefer "yes men" to people who speak their mind, even if they disagree with their boss?

6. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

This thread's title and the OP's analysis are a bit overzealous, but the idea that all non-market-crashing dialogue cease is shortsighted and miopic.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

OMFG!!!!!! Hillary still has a shot at the Veep slot.:rolleyes:

8. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Also, the new Powerbooks are due out next Tuesday. :rolleyes:

This is the second thread in a row where I find myself saying I wish Biden would stop speaking in stream-of-consciousness mode and start thinking before he lets the words out of his mouth.

I admire his forthrightness, but he's not helping anything.

Oh, and why is it the only time we hear from stevento is when something reflects badly on the Obama campaign?

9. stevento thread starter macrumors 6502

stevento

folks should always disagree with their boss and tell them when they are wrong, that's what they are for. hiring yes-men (like bill richardson) is not a good thing. but there is just one problem with that. we are in election mode right now. any sign of infighting or disagreement is bad news.

once they are in the white house, biden should definitely challenge obama at every turn he sees fit. but you have to get to the white house first.

10. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

What else would you get from someone who has pictures of BillO and Rush on his office wall, and only watches FXO and TBN. Actually, I just made all that up.