Possible terrorist attack in Stockholm

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yaxomoxay, Apr 7, 2017.

1. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

3. unlinked macrumors 6502a

Don't suppose we can leave the speculation portion of the thread til tomorrow?

4. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

The MO is a give away. Looks like at least a few were killed from pictures I have seen on another site.

5. yaxomoxay thread starter macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

The prime minister said so, not my speculation.

6. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Well we have a history to go by. Certain members of a group that have previously used trucks to turn people doing their own thing into grease spots on the road.

7. LordQ Suspended

LordQ

8. Meister Suspended

Meister

What?
    --- Post Merged, Apr 7, 2017 ---
    The swedish cops are terribly incompetent.
    He's probably going to get away.

9. Meister Suspended

Meister

That's terrible :(
    I really hate those stupid terrorists.

10. SteveJobzniak, Apr 7, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2017

SteveJobzniak Suspended

SteveJobzniak

Horrible. Kids will never see their parents again. Thanks, religion of peace with your trucks of peace.

Well, I know exactly what we need: Change our facebook profile pictures, open our "refugees welcome" borders and import more ISIS kebab with zero vetting, and let them set up radical mosques everywhere to preach the true Quran and thereby expand their terror network.

That strategy has worked perfectly every time so far.

I find this constant, senseless loss of life offensive.

Want to know why ISIS is so effective at recruiting? Because they just have to quote the Quran. The Quran makes it perfectly plain and clear that any muslim who does not support this violence is not a real muslim and that Allah will send them to hell if they do not join the fight, via its ~110 verses calling for the death of all non-muslims:

Quran (4:76) - "Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah…"

Quran (9:123) - "O you who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are close to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who are the Al-Muttaqun (the pious - see V.2:2)."

ISIS is not the problem. The Quran (Islam) is the problem. ISIS is just the latest symptom of that poisonous old book. Heck, just look at all these free feminists also produced by the rules of that peaceful book, which is liberating them from being free, getting sunlight, breathing fresh air, choosing their own husband, going to school, driving cars, being stoned to death after being raped, or leaving their apartment without getting permission from a man first. It's amazing how free they are (if we are to believe the Burqa-loving left)!

It's far easier to act as if critics of Islam have a problem with Muslims as people than it is to accept the uncomfortable truth that Islam is different. (In just the first three months of 2017, there have so far been 557 Islamic attacks in 40 countries, in which 3856 people were killed and 4588 injured. All of those utterly destroyed families must absolutely love getting culturally enriched by the religion of peace.)

I'm tired of the insanity. It will never stop for as long as the hateful Quran exists. Sadly, the west has brought this on itself by not studying the Quran: "fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others than Allah] and worship is for Allah alone". But... I'm expecting the leftist news to spew their usual "he was a mentally ill lone wolf and we may never know his motives, just like the other 557 mentally ill Islamic lone wolves so far in the first three months of 2017, but we're not seeing any pattern or connection yet...". I'm just waiting for a mentally ill Buddhist lone wolf for once...

I'm sure the kids of those who have been horribly mutilated and lost their lives in Stockholm today wishes the media would start telling the truth. The rest of their lives they'll have to celebrate birthdays and Christmas without having both of their parents. And they aren't alone in this tragedy. It goes on over and over again and it's always Islam. We all know it and it's time to have the courage to say it. Biting our tongues is costing more and more innocent lives and it is indefensible to stay silent and keep doing nothing at this point. We've tried the left's way and it provably doesn't work.

It's time to stop turning a blind eye to a "religion" which expressly orders its followers to kill us, and whose followers are repeatedly killing us. This death could have been completely avoided if the oppressive, hateful, poisonous and dangerous Islam wasn't put on such a pedestal by the left, and their religion had to undergo an enlightenment just like all other religions. We could begin by outlawing their oppression of women with those ridiculous, suffocating burqas. That would be a nice start.

The left must choose. They can either protect women and life, or keep shielding Islam. It's becoming increasingly untenable to keep pretending that we can have both of those two mutually exclusive systems. And I for one want to live in a society where women are free and life is protected. As for the left? We'll wait and see if they ever wake up... The left must stop ignorantly "Islamsplaining" and getting in the way of the necessary reform of Islam.

I'll end with this ISIS quote: "The Swedes do not seem to understand that we fight for Islam and justice, the war is already here and everywhere. Your politicians are trying to tell you something else, but we do not hide why we exist and what we intend to achieve. Whereas you sit in your homes and continue to live life like nothing is going to change. You turn a blind eye to reality, which will soon be knocking on your door."

11. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68030

Ulenspiegel

@SteveJobzniak
    If I could I would shake your hand.

P.S.: Another quote from the same interview:
    "You infidels are undisciplined people. You drink, you are dishonest and selfish. You have people who steal and commit crimes without proper punishment. Under Sharia law we chop the hand off thieves or we crucify them. Mark my words, when we get past the borders of Iraq, we will come for yours. We have men, we have the resources and the firepower needed - but most of all we have faith."

12. SteveJobzniak Suspended

SteveJobzniak

Thanks. Do something even better: Dare to speak up. Even if you only enlighten one person, that's one more person who is no longer turning a blind eye to the atrocities.

13. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Islam has been around for a thousand years, save for the fights over Jerusalem they largely fought about controlling territory rather than another religion (just like Christians). ISIL are a bunch of misguided ***holes, there have been plenty of Christian misguided ***holes too.

14. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

15. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

16. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Keep carrying water for the ISIS propaganda team. They don't have to do anything because Europeans and Americans are gladly carrying their message of a war between civilizations for them.

Rather than acknowledging the complex reality—for instance, U.S.-led strikes in Iraq and Syria have killed at least 1,472 civilians, and that a January raid by U.S. Navy SEALS killed 23 civilians, including children—instead there are those who start cherry picking quotes from the Quran and interviews from the one crazy Mufti that's really to say outlandish, horrible things—ignoring the similar actors in Christianity, Judaism, or for that matter Buddhism.

17. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Sound like you're okay with their actions?

18. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Yep! Those goddamn christians! Total misguided *******s! I just can't ****ing stand them!

19. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

There are few similarities between the religions you listed and Islam, firstly Islam was invented by a war monger and woman abuser, so you are setting your moral compass based on that ideology. Secondly, people have died for simply drawing the figure of previously described person. Thirdly, there are no parallels between modern day atrocities generated by Islam and any other relgion. Liberals like to reach back in history to protect a modern day religion by stating equivalence, it's disgusting.

20. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

What did you take my post and run it through a half-dozen languages on Google Translate?

I'm not okay with violent action at all. My point is that the problem is not Islam. The problem is the easy radicalization of a small number of people in western Europe and the United States. But, let's be honest. The guy who ran a sword through a black man in New York will never be called a terrorist. But, if that guy had been named Mohammad, he would be.

21. ThisBougieLife macrumors 65816

ThisBougieLife

"The problem is the easy radicalization of a small number of people in western Europe and the United States."

Agreed. Most of these attackers were citizens born in these countries. They are becoming radicalized in Europe. So the problem is internal. The question is then: why is it happening? Can it be prevented?

22. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

No if he committed the crime in the name of a religion or political ideology he would be called a terrorist. The problem is Islam, otherwise people of other religions would be radicalized proportionately.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 7, 2017 ---
    They "follow" Islam, and then they FOLLOW Islam.

23. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

The framework of terrorism versus warfare is set up by the powerful to justify some force—say the use of white phosphorus artillery in Fallujah—while denigrating other force, such as using a truck to intentionally run over civilians near a mall.

In both cases people die horribly.

And, really if you spend any time looking at terrorism in the last century, you'll see a hell of a lot of atrocities committed by guys named Calley and Schulze.

Moreover, the premise of "Shock and Awe" is just branding for using the terror of a modern bombing campaign to cause the enemy to submit.

ISIS and Al-Qaeda use social media to show their violence, while the west's use of Predator-delivered Hellfire missiles gets swept under the rug.

That's not to excuse the violence of ISIS/AQP or to seek some equivalence. Murdering people to prove a political or ideological point is still violence, but the west wants to be able to fund and commit violence in Syria, Libya, Sudan, Somalia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Yemen without consequences.

24. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

You are conflating terror with terrorism, they are two different things. A terrorist should be terrified when we blow his ass through his mouth with a drone strike.