Possible to buy Verizon iphone 5S at launch at full price (IM NOT A VERIZON CUSTOMER)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skimcpip, Sep 12, 2013.

1. skimcpip, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013

skimcpip macrumors regular

I want to buy the Verizon iphone 5S at launch. I'm not a Verizon customer but I want it bc its unlocked and has compatibility with both CDMA AND GSM. I will pay full price. Is my only option to go to the Apple store and wait in line?

2. christof macrumors 6502

I'm trying to find out the same thing. For a short while last year, full price / no contract / month to month Verizon iPhone 5 was *NOT* available for purchase at the Apple Retail.

I don't think we'll find out if full price / no contract / month to month Verizon iPhone 5s will be available for purchase at Apple Retail (or Verizon Wireless Company Stores) until soon before launch on 9/20.

3. skimcpip thread starter macrumors regular

Good to know I'm not the only one. If I can't get the Verizon I'll just get the unlocked and exchange it later if I feel the need.

4. Omen87 macrumors regular

Omen87

I just asked a Verizon rep online and they said that it would be available to purchase at full retail. Now, since you are not a Verizon customer, I don't know how they will feel about that.

5. skimcpip thread starter macrumors regular

Yea last year I was a Verizon customer and was able to buy at full retail through Apple.com bc I still had roughly a year on my contract. This year I'm on Tmobile prepaid so I don't think I'll be able to choose a Verizon phone on Apple.com bc they make you verify your account before you can proceed to the next step.

6. christof macrumors 6502

I just tried purchasing 5c on Apple.com and the full retail / month to month / no contract price was *NOT* available.

I checked Verizon.com, and the 5c was available for purchase at full retail / month to month / no contract price.

As much as I'd like to wait in line and have 5s the morning of 9/20, I fear Apple Retail won't be able to sell it at full price; moreover, I fear that Verizon Corporate Store stock will be scarce. We'll see in the days ahead.

Good luck, everyone.