Possible to buy VZW unlimited data plan on eBay while under two year contract on VZW?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mnsportsgeek, Oct 5, 2014.

1. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone has done this.

I see that Verizon unlimited data plans can be had on eBay for $200-$300 dollars. The issue I have, is that I'm under contract on Verizon More Everything plan.

Is it possible to purchase one of these data plans under an assumption of liability, and not void my contract?

I'm guessing how it works is that I would purchase one of these data plans, and that would come with it's own minute/texting plan.

Then, I would have a More Everything plan along with this new plan. Would I then be able to cancel the more everything without voiding my contract and paying an ETF? I don't mind paying the money for the plan, but I don't want to be on the hook for two ETF fees for my two lines. That would be a deal breaker for me.

Maybe somebody has experience with this scenario and can provide input.

2. 617aircav Suspended

No. You would be assuming someone else's account, and your own account would still be active. You can't cancel your account without paying an etf.

3. mnsportsgeek thread starter macrumors 65816

That's what I thought, I just didn't know if it was possible to transfer from a More Everything to a nationwide plan while keeping everything else (contract) in place.

I guess I'll re-evaluate what the data scenarios look like when my contract is up and see if an UDP is still worth the couple hundred bucks.