Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bludsrevenge

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
A year ago an ex friend of mine sold me their iPhone 5 before they left the country. Little did I know it was iCloud locked. By the time it arrived in the mail it was too late and they had left. I have checked the IMEI and its clean. Not stolen. I called this friend and they said they could not remember the email to the account. They have never responded to my calls since.

Now I am trying to fix this phone and sell it. Selling the phone for parts would get me something, but the extra money I would get if its functional would give me enough to pay rent this month as I am short.

I have seen on forums people claiming to have bypassed it on this IOS, but I cannot find any guides how.

Any help is greatly appreciated. If anyone can either tell me what to do or point me in the direction of the answer I can send over $20 via paypal or bitcoin

rigormortis

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
if he was your friend he would remove the icloud lock on his end. maybe you should make up with the dude

sounds like you need new friends

bludsrevenge

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
if he was your friend he would remove the icloud lock on his end. maybe you should make up with the dude

sounds like you need new friends
Not a good person. She really screwed over a bunch of people when she left.
Nothing I can do as there is no way to contact her.

Totally

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2012
West Coast = Best Coast
Nice sob story. Is that code for 'found and/or stole iPhone and want it unlocked to resell for more $$$$'?

Short answer, no you can't get around it. Long answer, no you can't get around it.

Turn the phone in to the police department so its owner can be located. Or give it to an apple store.

I hate people that ask this question.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]
Its time to close this thread given the OP has his answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.