Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cameronjpu

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
I am traveling overseas and brought 6 movies with me. Turns out that is going to be woefully short of what I actually need. I have a large collection of movies on my home computer, and I can remotely connect to it from here to convert movies and put them either on an FTP site that I own or HTTP. My question is, is it possible to import a couple of those movies from external sites into the iPad for offline watching (when I am on a plane?) Thanks!

Bernard SG

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2010
Yes it's possible, using download apps.
I use Perfect Downloader but the current version is buggy like f&@#. There are others on the AppStore.

cameronjpu

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
Seconding Meteoric.

Meteoric dealt very poorly with network interruptions. It did try to resume, but was never able to successfully resume after a second disconnection. Do the others do that better? Resuming is very important given my Internet source which is apparently not reliable.

Xgm541

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2011
Goodplayer does that job for me. I can stream or download to the device. Has great codec support to meaning it can play avi's, etc.

The TV out function is awesome too!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.