Possible to order 2 iPhones for a new Family Plan from Apple.com?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by netnothing, Jun 15, 2010.

1. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

So, is it possible to order 2 new iPhones for a NEW Family Plan from Apple.com and have them shipped?

If so, do I go through the whole order process and then select the second? Or can you only order 1 online?

-Kevin

2. barefeats macrumors 65816

barefeats

You have to order them separately on Store.Apple.com.

ATT.com will let you order both simultaneously.

3. netnothing thread starter macrumors 68040

netnothing

How does that work? Do I just order each separately as if I'm setting them up in a Family Plan? Does iTunes take care of combining them in the same account at setup?

-Kevin

4. bricknothitback macrumors newbie

bricknothitback

good question, I am wondering the exact same thing. I also can't see the 550 minute family option on apple.com. Can you choose your plan options all over again when you initially connect to itunes.

5. netnothing thread starter macrumors 68040

netnothing

Apple.com finally fixed the Family Pricing, but they don't seem to offer the 550 plan.

AT&T does on their site so I think I might just order over there.

For a company worried about user experience, Apple is sure doing a crappy job on their own site!

I don't want to have to order 2 separate phones on Apple.com only to find out they each are going to be on their OWN family plan.

-Kevin

6. netnothing thread starter macrumors 68040

netnothing

Family Plan messaging?

On a new AT&T Family Plan.....I'm guessing each phone needs it's own messaging plan?

Also, what does Unlimited Family Messaging for $30 include? Is that just Unlimited messages between phones on the Family Plan only? What about messages to other phones not on the plan?

-Kevin

7. sandydlc macrumors regular

Keep in mind that you can sort out your contract with AT&T once you get your equipment. They're really good about that.

8. netnothing thread starter macrumors 68040

netnothing

So it does look like AT&T's site allows you to select 2 at once. That's the good news.

Bad news is I was kicked out, cart cleared, and now the site is down again :mad:

-Kevin

9. jomoeng macrumors newbie

I ordered 2 seperate phones for a new family plan this morning through ATT. The $30 unlimited messaging is shared between the phones on the family plan and it is unlimited messaging to anyone, not just between phones.

Someone here just said Apple fixed thier price issue. A few days ago I attempted a mock purchase on Apple and the pricing for a family plan was off. The apple online people told me, at that time, they did not support a family plan purchase through the apple website. I kept arguing it was there, until they said, yeah but when you finish it tells you to go to the store. So perhaps Apple fixed that issue according to the above poster.

In either case, I was ordering with the ATT premiere to get the wife's discount and it went through without issue this morning.

10. jettie1767 macrumors 6502

I ordered two phones from ATT because Apple was only allowing one and I have to do a store pickup even though I chose family plan.

11. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

you can reserve 2 on apple.com if you have the apple id of the other user.

this is what i did.

12. netnothing thread starter macrumors 68040

netnothing

Really don't want to reserve......want them shipped. I'm not one to have fun standing in long lines! :p

-Kevin

13. netnothing thread starter macrumors 68040

netnothing

Finally got them ordered through the AT&T site. 2 new iPhones on a new Family Plan.

Boy....that was slightly painful :D

-Kevin

14. iPhoneUser2010 macrumors newbie

I got 2 orders thru AT&T yesterday (one to replace a 3 yr old 1st gen iphone and another to replace a 3g iphone, clearly qualified for the upgrades). Today I received an email that the 2nd order has been cancelled. No other details... when I call they say their computers are down and can't help me. Anyone else had their order cancelled??

Now when I try to buy on Apple it tells me my number is no longer eligible for the upgrade. It looks like AT&T thinks I signed up for a new contract for the 2nd phone even though it cancelled my order.

15. auero macrumors 65816

Remember though that your order probably won't ship till after the 24th. AT&T I think only guarantied orders until 1:30PM? (Don't quote me on it though, I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere)

Apple doesn't allow you to order two phones when creating a family plan so I don't know what everyone else did (probably ordered two phones on two different accounts). If you want two phones you'll need to go to the Apple store like me :( At least I have one reserved. They wouldn't allow a second one. I'll just have to get there early *sigh*

16. netnothing thread starter macrumors 68040

netnothing

Thankfully, my AT&T order went through at 10:18am EST.....so I have my fingers crossed that I get it on the 24th. If not, oh well.....not the end of the world.

I didn't want to wait in line at an Apple store to pick up my first phone, only to be told they can't give me a second phone.

-Kevin