possible to pause podcast download and resume where I left off?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hikeNM, Feb 22, 2008.

1. hikeNM macrumors 6502a

Hello all! Got a question I hope somebody has an answer for.

I'm using Sprint's Broadband service as my main internet provider since I can't get DSL at my house and satellite service is still a bit out of my range.

Most of the time I can get EVDOrA speeds, but sometimes it will jump to 1xRTT speeds.

If the computer is downloading something, say a song or movie or TV episode in iTunes, and the speed jumps from EVDO to 1xRTT, then the speed will not go back to EVDO unless I stop all downloads.

Luckily, if I'm downloading a song or movie or anything I've purchased, when i stop the download and restart, it resumes where I left off. No big deal really.

But.....when I'm downloading a podcast and this occurs, and I have to pause the download, then restart the download, it will not resume where it left off. It just starts over from the beginning. It's a bit annoying.

I was wondering if there was a setting I could change that would let the podcast resume the download where it left off. Or am I just SOL in this area?

Thanks a bunch!

2. amoda macrumors 6502a

Sorry for bumping an old thread but something similar just happened to me and i'd like an answer to this.

Currently I'm traveling around and my net access is shakey. Haven't watched a diggnation episode in like a month and a half!:eek: So I started downloading one yesterday afternoon. Went to bed when it was around 250mb out of 477, woke up and to my shock my net disconnected sometime during the night. The download was at 456mb out of 477! Clicked resume but it actually restarted it. Obviously, I'm peeved.