Possible to Reactivate Orange France SIM for iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ECJ, Apr 23, 2013.

1. ECJ macrumors 6502

ECJ

Ok, I'm headed back to Paris on Monday. I have the two Orange France SIM cards for our Verizon iPhone 5. I bought and used the sims last October for a week. I was wondering if they are still useable and if they are, what's the easiest way to reactivate them? I really wanted to avoid that whole hassle of giving our passport and waiting 24-48 hours to use them. Thanks in advance.

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

if the SIM cards were never deactivated, they should be able to be refilled. however, some prepaid SIMs used to have expiring balances. if you let the balance drop and not use or refill it, it may have deactivated itself. you will need to check with Orange and see what their policy is. usually, a deactivated SIM cannot be reactivated and you will need a new one.

3. ECJ thread starter macrumors 6502

ECJ

Thanks. It was used and there was still a balance. I'm not worried about the balance since it wasn't more than $5. Just want to avoid that wait.

4. ECJ thread starter macrumors 6502

ECJ

Well arrived in Paris today and great news. The SIM cards from October last year work fine, and don't expire till July.

Also paid for the unlimited SMS, calls and 150 mb for a month for 20€.