Possible to scratch the sides when plugging cables or have they thought of that?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bobby Corwen, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

When its dark and Im trying to plug in a video adapter or USB sometimes I graze the sides while searching for the slot.

Would this eventually ever leave scuffs? Or is the material known to not do that?

2. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Your putting too much thought into this. Turn the light on if it bothers you to think of the possible repercussions :eek:

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I don't know that I've ever owned a product that didn't show signs of use after a while. If you're really worried about it use a case, though you'll likely cause scratches due to dirt/debris getting stuck in there.

4. dma550 macrumors 6502

yeah, at my home the cables are reversed, and I hear a loud "scritch" when I probe to find the proper connectors. I want a dock.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

The connectors, ports, and surround areas are bound to wear from use.

Anyways, I usually look to the side and use my screen's backlight illumination to find the ports.

6. theuserjohnny macrumors 6502

Yeah they tend to ware out over time. My charging port is kinda worn out on the side from the contact that it makes when connecting and such. It's just natural to happen... unless you are straight up shoving and missing and knocking things to the side.

7. Suno macrumors 6502

Suno

I can't help it when I'm drunk.