Possible to switch to VZW without "Share Everything"?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xolan99, Sep 9, 2012.

1. xolan99 macrumors regular

I was hoping to switch to Verizon from AT&T for the next iPhone but it seems that all new Verizon customers MUST sign up for a "Share Everything" plan? As a single individual who has no interest in tablet data, it doesn't make sense for me as I'd be paying $110/month for 4gigs data, voice, txt when I get that much for about $70 on AT&T.

Is there anyway to join Verizon without adopting their new plans?

2. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

I think only way is to call. If you ask the plans still do exist in the system.

3. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Only if you're 55+ or want to pay for calling plans to Canada or Mexico. Otherwise, Share Everything is now the only option. Period.

4. BlueMoonForever macrumors 6502

I don't understand why they would force individual new customers on their share everything plan? What if one only has a need for a smartphone???

What happend to Verizon's 4GB deal for $30?

5. willmtaylor, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Bc they don't need new customers. They're the most superior network (in their eyes) with the most superior customer service (again, in their eyes), so they can do whatever the ******* they want.

Sucks for us though.

6. xolan99 thread starter macrumors regular

I know right? I'm in that boat. I would need to activate a line for one phone and one phone only - no tablets or family members.

The 4gb/$30 is gone - right now it's 4gb for $70. What's BS too is that if you want to add a tablet line to that data it's an additional $10. I don't know what this $30 extra surcharge is for.

Verizon is losing a potential customer in me. And I have no desire to switch to Sprint so I guess I am sticking with AT&T.

7. snook911 macrumors 6502a

I am in the same boat. I would like to switch to verizon as well but only have the one smartphone. With my Fan discount I only pay $70 a month so I can't switch to pay $110.

8. jman240 macrumors 6502a

Dont forget they charge a $36 activation fee for each device including tablets that you want to add to the pool. I have a feeling people are about the start really getting angry about these new forced Verizon plans really soon. Should be interesting.

9. 02rk4cruzin macrumors newbie

If you buy the phone at full retail, you can get unlimited data at Vz

10. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

I'm looking to sell my Verizon plan, I have two lines with unlimited data. Will be posting in marketplace soon if anyone is interested.

11. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Wrong. This is only if you're already grandfathered. :rolleyes:

12. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Where are you getting this? All of verizons plan are now share everything, only way you can have unlimited data is if you were with verizon when they offered it and now your plan is considered grandfathered.

13. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

Count me in that boat as well. I'm with AT&T who has no coverage at my house, and I'm going to switch to Verizon... before the Share Everything plan existed, the plan would have been about $80 a month, but now it's going to cost me $100 a month.

It includes hotspot, unlimited texting and calling, and 2GB of data.

I don't need the hotspot, the unlimited texting, or the calling... I wish I could use a "real" individual plan instead of this Share Everything plan where I don't need to SHARE anything.

14. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Sounds like you may want to find someone to join you on a plan. Two smart phones wiith unlimited min/texting and 8GB of data would be 85 each plus tax