Possible to use My3G to cover up MyWi 4.0?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Smalltimejosh, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Smalltimejosh macrumors newbie

Hey, I was just wondering... Since there are a lot of people like me out there who have a jailbroken iPhone 4 and are also grandfathered into the unlimited data plan and want to get the most out of MyWi 4.0, especially if I'm going to shell out the 20 dollars for it which isn't too bad for what it gives you. Is there any way to download something from cydia like my3g or something like my3g that will trick the phone into thinking that all of the data thats passing through mywi 4.0 is actually coming from a real wifi network? It may help ease some minds out there for people who have the unlimited plan and hate hearing this 5 gig soft cap bs and being tracked for hitting a surge on the downloads. Kind of makes you think you'd also get by ever breaking 200 Mb if you had the 15 dollar plan and used this trick well. Any help on this topic is much appreciated!

2. c2006 macrumors member

It doesn't matter if you trick the iPhone, AT&T will still know how much 3G data you're using. There really is no workaround for this.

3. illutionz macrumors 65816

My3G doesn't really hide your data. It's actually spoofing the APPS to think it's on Wifi and it will use the 3G...

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

What?:rolleyes:
    What you said is not possible and doesnt make any sense.

5. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

No. You're downloading data from your carrier. They know exactly how much they're giving you. It would be like asking the bank for money and then trying to tell them you got the money from somewhere else.

6. illutionz macrumors 65816

I'm imagining this now...
    - Go to ATM and withdraw $500
    - Go inside and tell the teller that your $500 from your account has gone missing and the $500 in your wallet is from your friend :D
    - Demand them to credit $500 back? :rolleyes:

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Kinda like the other thread asking about a hack thru cydia to get data from your carrier without paying for it:rolleyes:

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Off to bank to try this brilliant plan.

9. koilvr macrumors 6502

koilvr

Is it possible to tell your self your retarded but not be retarded at the same time?

10. IphoneRevivers macrumors member

No . My 3G makes apps that believe they are using wifi , some applications can only be downloaded using wifi or only work on wifi , like " facetime " this is where my 3G comes in . However I believe data was about 15mb per 5 minute facetime call ( someone else ran the test , not me ) online .

My WIFI will basically allow your phone to set a wifi spot for other devices but it is still running from your 3g on your iphone if that's your setting . Pretty much if you don't have the unlimited data , just be careful in how much data your using with these apps .

11. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

It is threads like this that make me wish that we were back in the days where jailbreaking took 30 steps and a command line...it would certainly weed these people out.

12. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

yeah, this make no sense at all, you are asking for an App to trick yourself :confused::confused::confused:, so the phone show up that the data you are actually using from the network is coming from WIFI.

AT&T doesn't take "data measurements" from your phone, it take it from heir network, so doesn't matter if your phone is reporting that you used 200% of your data from WIFI, if you IMEI pulled x amount of data from the network that is what you get bill (or discounted from your monthly cap).

13. wwfjdraw macrumors newbie

Reply.

Actually there is! Or was actually. Truly who knows. From what I can tell you there used to be a few ways, but the only ways that I know of don't really work anymore. One was ifailhard.com with Tmobile, another was a mini opera browser, and ofcourse another is free-mobile from CYDIA. They do or did work. Sometimes they have a few problems and don't work however for a while. Also P1nkRain from CYDIA should be back soon. I'm currently using GV for free on my edge. However not perfectly. I get perfect. Texting, and voicemail, but because GV forwards all incoming calls to an actual number unless you have textfree from the app store or voip and wifi. Your not going to get them for free.

14. wwfjdraw macrumors newbie

Reply.

Also use Bootlace. With tmobile phones from what I've seen you can use them with a prepaid tmobile sim and get free t-mobile internet, so you need a tmobile platform aka bootlace, with bootlace you can get idroid and then use the browser for free service, with that I'm sure you know what to do from there.

15. NoStopN macrumors 6502

NoStopN

The last 2 replies are unnecessary. If the original poster is grandfathered into the unlimited plan, he can run up the data without concern. I'm sure he's figured that out in the last 5 months.

16. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

I smell a YouTube hit :rolleyes:

17. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

Sounds similar to a bit of bank fraud I know of (heard of similar things on PayPal too) - drop in a deposit envelope into ATM with nothing in it, then withdrawl the "money" that isn't in there that you've just been credited.

Of course, you're @#$ when they empty and run the deposits the next day...