Possibly major problem with my wife's iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by batmangorden, Apr 20, 2012.

1. batmangorden macrumors member

batmangorden

Ok, let me try to explain this so everyone can understand.

Me and my wife both have 4S's. I have a black 16GB, and my wife a white 16GB.

When I take pictures with the normal apple camera and look at them in my photo album, I have the ability to zoom in drastically to the photo.

When you zoom in to my wife's 4S photos, it only allows you to zoom in so far.

Why is that? I checked the settings, nothing their to control how much you zoom in. What's the deal?

And if anyone's needs me to explain more, I'll try. I think that I'm being pretty straight forward though.

2. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Is it feasible to run a restore and see if that fixes the issue?

3. batmangorden thread starter macrumors member

batmangorden

Its been doing it since she got it 3 months ago, and we updated it 2 twice since then, so it was never a problem of restoring. Phone works just fine, cept it doesnt zoom in as far as mine.

4. Zcott macrumors 68020

I don't think this counts as a "major problem". Anyway, can you post a video?

5. batmangorden thread starter macrumors member

batmangorden

True, but when you see the difference in zoom, it looks big. It almost looks like she's using an iPhone 4, for sure it's a 4S because I made sure the model number was correct and you can't deny the 1080p quality is there. So it's a 4S.

I'll see if I can show y'all somehow what I mean.

6. andyx3x macrumors 65816

And if it has Siri it's a 4S.

You seem to not have been sure you had a 4S and you checked out the model number. Did you buy the phone new or used?

7. 184550 Guest

Slightly confused; did you ever actually restore completely?

I'd do a DFU restore. I had to recently and it fixed my call quality issues.

8. batmangorden thread starter macrumors member

batmangorden

I bought the phone new with contract from apple. It's not that I wasn't sure, it's that I wanted to make sure that they didn't accidentally give me an iPhone 4.

And I have done a restore once on her phone. Again, that hasn't helped.

9. zigzagg321 macrumors 6502

It depends how long ago you did the restore. The phone could have gotten some bad firmware since then and that could be causing your issue.

10. batmangorden thread starter macrumors member

batmangorden

Once again, the phone has been doing this since day 1, after a few updates(which are restores too by the way) and 2 restores, it still doesn't zoom all the way.

I guess let me ask the question: How does everybody else's iPhone 4S zoom in in photo albums?

11. zigzagg321 macrumors 6502

Sorry, but a restore doesn't touch the firmware... a Direct Firmware update does though, and Im sure you have not tried that yet. If you find out the 4s you have is different that other people's, I suggest you try a Direct Firmware Update. And Again, a Direct Firmware Update is NOT a Restore.

12. labman macrumors 604

labman

if you have a Apple store local make a appt. and share your concerns with them. if it's hardware related they will replace it

13. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

I'm seriously confused? What is the major problem here? Is it just the zoom difference? Or is that part of a bigger issue? And we're talking photos here, right? U mention 1080p video quality as your indication that u have a 4S. If the zoom is the only issue, that would be about as minor a problem as u could have...still a problem none the less, but nothing major. And just push the home button u want to verify 4S. If Siri responds, you know what u have.

14. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

I just took a pic with my 4S, with the pic on my screen I place two fingers in the middle of the screen and spread all the way to each corner to zoom in and it stays zoomed in, I take my fingers and repeat the same motion and it zooms in a little more but when I release my fingers from the screen it snaps back to the previous zoom. Is this how either of your phones work?

15. batmangorden thread starter macrumors member

batmangorden

Just to make people feel better, I restored my wife's phone, nothing. Still does the same thing.

16. batmangorden thread starter macrumors member

batmangorden

Ok, here's the example. First five shots are a pic I took with my 4S camera, I just took screen shots by pressing the Sleep/wake and home buttons together. Thats how much I zoom in.

Attached Files:

17. batmangorden thread starter macrumors member

batmangorden

And here's the same picture but on my wife's 4S. The second is how much her phone can zoom in.

Hopefully everyone gets what I'm saying now.;)

Attached Files:

18. miragebg macrumors 6502a

Mine also has this zoom limit, also all of my 5 replacements units had this limit, so I think something is wrong with your device..

19. batmangorden thread starter macrumors member

batmangorden

*Scratches head*

Really?:confused:

I never even thought about that. Honestly, I wouldn't want to have my zoom fixed, I like the zoom going that far, it feels almost like it's "supposed" to go that far.

So all this time I thought it was my wife's........:eek:

Well what do ya'll think I should do? Try to restore it to fix it, or keep my "Limited Edition" Zoom feature?:D

20. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

As above, its your phone that is different. Mine can only zoom in as far as you show your wife's phone zooming in.

never seen it able to zoom in that much before. Are you sure you are using the stock photo app?

21. batmangorden thread starter macrumors member

batmangorden

Yup, sure am.

22. iPhalandrew macrumors member

me too

the exact same thing happened to me! none of my friends or family had it but it zoomed in way further than it was supposed to. i don't know if it was necessarily a bad thing but i didn't really mind it. one day it just went back to normal. it comes back every once in a while but i think it's kind of cool.

23. batmangorden thread starter macrumors member

batmangorden

Awesome! We got Limited Edition phones!:eek:

:p Totally joking though. Must be a glitch, but I like this glitch.

24. miragebg, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2012

miragebg macrumors 6502a

Be happy, you have a special tuning in your 4S, which may be even Apple is not familiar with..;))

25. mesquitinha9 macrumors newbie

Hey!

Hey ,did you solve this problem?Because i`m crazy here with this same ****!