Post 1.1.1 iPhone Lockups

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by claytonaugust, Oct 4, 2007.

1. claytonaugust macrumors newbie

Lately my phone has been locking up from time to time.

I originally upgraded to 1.1.1, on an AT&T sim, never having jailbroken the phone. At that point I realized I wanted to try 3rd party apps, so I downgraded to 1.0.2, tried the apps out for a day, then went back to 1.1.1

Since upgrading, there have been two instances that my "slide to unlock" screen has frozen up, and random button presses of Home and Power would take me to my iPod, or turn my display off.

I was able to hold down power and get the "slide to power off" screen, but the slider was frozen. The only way to get back to normal was to hold home and power, and reset the phone.

Anyone having similar issues? Could the 3rd party apps have cause damage, or perhaps downgrading to 1.0.2?

Or am I just paranoid, and this happens to everyone's iPhone from time to time.

Thanks.

2. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

No need to worry. I have a completely stock set up and my phone has done that exact lockup twice. Hard reset was needed to get the phone operational again.

3. mongushu macrumors newbie

I have never unlocked my iPhone, or done any of the hacks etc, but since upgrading to 1.1.1 my 8GB iPhone has been acting CRAZY.

The ear piece speaker (for normal in-call listening) shuts down sometimes... the only way to get it to work again is to restart the phone.

I get strange black screens where the phone does not respond to buttons/touches. Have had to plug the Iphone into the computer, then disonnect, then restart the iPhone, then it works again.

Its been a bit on the sluggish side too, since updating... It was working fine before. Why all the hassles now?

4. Juvenile macrumors member

Same here. I like the new features but it seems like the processor is the weak link. If the iPhone is maxed out......I hope Apple is smarter than that.