Post 17" MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dmpnyc, Sep 23, 2015.

1. dmpnyc macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a 2011 MBP that I've recently upgraded with a 1TB SSD and 16GB ram. My mother needs a new computer so I was going to give her mine and get a new MBP. I was wondering if you all knew if Apple is planning to release another 17" in the near future or that will never happen again. If not, how are you all surviving with the reduction of real estate that one is so used to with a 17" for work? I travel a lot so I was thinking another monitor and a 13" mbp or just go with the 15" retina mbp. Or just continue working with mine and getting my mother a refurbished mbp.

Cheers!
    D

2. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

I've owned the Macbook Pro's when they had the removable battery, so I had the 17" with the high resolution display. Since the 17", the 15.4" has been plenty of real estate considering the retina in 2012 provided an immense amount of "space" in a smaller form. As long as your eye sight is good, the 15.4" is perfect in my honest opinion.

3. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

4. austinpike macrumors 6502

5. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

I have always wanted a monster 17 inch macbook pro. But could never pull the trigger, maybe now is the time.
    I say give it to your mother, and get a 15 inch and be happy.

6. Mivo macrumors regular

Mivo

If they released a new 17" MBP model, I'd buy it instantaneously. But I think it looks grim for that, so I'll bite the bullet and get the next new 15" model. It's either that or a new 17" Windows laptop, but I'm not keen on that.

7. c8rlo macrumors 6502

c8rlo

my sight IS still good, haha. so it's not a concern with me personally, i still have a Windows laptop that is 17" and i have a dual 19" monitor setup at home that's run by my 13" MBP. i also have a 13" MBA, so for me i can't complain; both of my 13" notebooks are ideal for portability despite their screen size.