Post 3.0 Update, Best Wireless Headphones?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by pilotrtc, Apr 17, 2009.

1. pilotrtc macrumors regular

I am looking forward to the 3.0 update when BlueTooth will be available in my 2nd generation iPod Touch because I am under the impression I would be able to use wireless headphones.

Am I mistaken?

If not, please respond with recommendations for wireless headphones and why you think they are great.

Thanks!

2. pilotrtc thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm....

I guess this topic is not very interesting. I had done research into the Bluetooth headphone thing but couldn't come up with anything conclusive.

What I have discovered is that the Bluetooth headphones seem to have a dongle that attaches to the iPod. Will this still be the case when Bluetooth gets unlocked? I would think some manufacturers would create dongle-free headphones.

Thoughts? Speculations? Rumors?

3. svndmvn Guest

you'd need a dongle since officially BT is still locked, since 3.0 is not yet public. It should not be the case when 3.0 is out for iPhones and iPod touch 2g's.
    Rumors? Apple has discontinued its BT headset for the iPhone, they could be up to something. A wireless version of the new in-ears would be sweet, as far as I'm concerned.
    Thoughts? Just look for some reviewed ones made for other devices, and wonder if they're compatible with 3.0, I reckon there are not many good ones out there but I could be wrong.

4. dellavoce macrumors regular

I've been trying to get info on bluetooth for a couple days now. Someone told me that if you jailbreak your touch 2g, you unlock the bluetooth chip as well. I am trying to use iBluetooth, but nothing happens. I would love to use my Logitech Bluetooth headphones (which are awesome) minus the dongle (which is kind of clunky). Anyone know anything about that?

5. Topper59 macrumors member

I had the 3.0 beta installed on my ipod, and i connected to my phone via bluetooth, so I would assume you could use bluetooth headphones without the adapter. I know you can use bluetooth speakers.

6. Moocher macrumors regular