Post-3G Upgrade Strategy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TalkAboutApple, Jul 9, 2008.

  1. TalkAboutApple macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2008
    #1
    I was wondering what everyone else is planning to do...

    The iPhone IMHO is establishing as a 12-month cycle product; for enthusiasts you'd be hard-pressed to go more than a year between upgrades. We all know the drill--buy-resell-buy--and do it for our iPods, cameras, GPS devices, etc. Except this time, AT&T is involved, and wants us on a 2-year cycle.

    Who wants to be stuck with 16GB in 2 years?

    My theory is that 3G phones will sell for much more than $199/$299 on eBay, and maybe they will be closer to $399/$499.

    So given this theory, and the speculation that surely 32GB must be just around the corner, what will you do? Personally, I'm thinking about saving $100 and just getting the 8GB version on Friday, and then upgrading in November (or whenever).
     
  2. buccsmf1 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2008
    #2
    if you buy now you won't be eligible for the subsidized price when the 32gb comes out.... if it replaces the current 16gb price it'll be $600 if I remember correctly. If they keep the 8 and 16 and add the 32 as a third size its going to cost you $700....... If you want the 32 your best bet is to just wait.
     

Share This Page