Post 4.1 update, Ping still does not work

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by abbstrack, Sep 8, 2010.

1. abbstrack macrumors regular

anyone else still getting the "cannot connect to iTunes" message when trying to access Ping on their iPhones? I am...safe to say Ping is an utter failure at launch for apple, considering no facebook, no real social networking aspect, and it doesnt event work as advertise (i.e. on my iPhone 4).

2. JLB-UK macrumors regular

3. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I'm not having any trouble accessing Ping, although I wasn't having any issues with it before the 4.1 update.

4. abbstrack thread starter macrumors regular

I was unable to access it using 4.02, but was told from someone in the apple support forums that the fine print read works with 4.1...i've since upgraded to 4.1 today, and am still unable to access.

weird.

5. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

You may find that you need to restore and set up as a new iPhone rather than setting up from back up. I imagine the back up is re-installing the bug which is stopping Ping from working.

6. abbstrack thread starter macrumors regular

ugh..which means i'll lose all my text messages again...

i set up the iPhone as new when i purchased it, 2 months ago..way too early to have bugs :)

i did contact apple, and they told me to reset my network settings, which I did, and it didnt help.

they then said that since today is the first 'official' day of iOS/Ping compatibility, they are still refreshing their servers so I may have to 'hang out' a little while and wait for access...

bah this is too much work to get this service up and running...

7. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

Seems to be working for everyone else but you.