Post a Scratch Test If Your iPhone 4 Needs to Be Replaced

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MICHAELSD, Jun 25, 2010.

1. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

If your iPhone 4 definitely needs to be replaced and you're sure that you will receive a replacement, I think eveybody here would like to see a scratch test of the front, back, and steel of the iPhone 4. Just a key-to-iPhone test on video. You can stop as soon as any significant scratches start showing up just to demonstrate what it takes to scratch the front, back, and steel on the iPhone 4. It would be appreciated if anybody is willing to do it.

2. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

3. MICHAELSD thread starter macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I will if I receive a defective iPhone 4. I'm not asking any iPhone 4 owner to do it, only those who have an iPhone 4 with a significant problem that needs to be replaced and are sure that it will be replaced. Unfortunately, I don't have my iPhone 4 yet either way, I can't find it in stock anywhere :p.

4. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

Yeah, but considering Apple is probably low on stock for both new and replacement iPhone's, I'm certain many will be hesitant to do this.

But hey, I'm all for it if someone wants to.
    It just won't be me.

5. ChrisGonzales90 macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

You first. ;)

I dont understand why anyone would do such a thing. if it needs to be replaced it wont be because of user damage. (yes, scratching your phone on purpose is called user damage) Apple will not honor user damage anyway.

6. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

7. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

dang, must have missed that part. there has to be a scratch test video out there

8. wolfattack macrumors member

why not go to an apple store and try it on a demo phone?

9. MICHAELSD thread starter macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Well, I made a point to stop after a significant scratch on that area. Apple won't care about a few scratches, just don't do it excessively. It's only to see what it takes to scratch the iPhone 4 front, steel, and back, and if it doesn't scratch over three minutes, great. If it scratches, fine, just don't keep trying to scratch it.

10. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Because that's vandalism?

11. Ramphex macrumors 6502

Ramphex

the apple store I went to, the apple rep kept dropping one of the iphones onto the table and throwing it onto the table in front of every customer he got from the line that were going to get one and by the time we got there from around (1:30 I think) he was still dropping it and there was nothing wrong with it, pretty cool

12. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

ask and you will receive

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=984981

don't know why you guys are getting so mad about this, they would need tor replace the screen anyways when they refurbish the unit

13. MICHAELSD thread starter macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Thanks, very appreciated. Looking forward to reading what you found. I've found the screen to be much less scratch-resistant than previous iPhones even with careful use.