Post All Apple BLACK FRIDAY Deals Here!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by HappyDude20, Nov 5, 2013.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

It's that time of year again and i'm dying to get iPhone's for all my family members. We've all be carrying the iPhone 4 on Verizon since day one and iOS7, though nice, is terrible slow and laggy; not to mention absent from Siri and Maps navigational features.

Any deals, not just iPhone, though preferred, are appreciated. I'd love to get everyone in my family something Apple related, knowing they each could use certain things. Such as my aunt is dying for an 11inch MacBook Air. My dad would love a 15inch Retina MacBook Pro. Sis would benefit from an iPad Mini Retina (as could I).

2. Justin33 macrumors regular

Justin33

If anybody hears of the iPad Air being on sale somewhere, I'd be very interested in that.

3. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

Wow that would be a few great gifts.#

4. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

This is a great idea. And it's very exciting! Apple always participates in these events with aggressive discounting. I'm hoping for a $100 off the new iPads and maybe $150 off a new iPhone. Macs usually 15% discounts at least so some great buying opportunities there to bring the latest technology to your personal computing ecosystem.

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

15% discounts? seriously? never heard of apple being aggressive with discounts.

6. cbronfman macrumors 6502

Huh?

I assume you forgot to add LOL. In my memory - back to the beginning of Black Friday - Apple NEVER discounts "aggressively" Maybe $100 on a Macbook Pro (maybe), maybe a few cables discounted (like last year I got the earbuds that are now included with the iPhone 5S and I assume 5C and a cable I forget which. Sometime Amazon has a few Apple products discounted. Best Buy usually has 20% off iTunes gift cards - but no way you're going to get to give magnanimously any of the newer iPhones. Sorry.

7. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

You are very wrong.

See my comment above.

Read through their post history and you'll see pretty much all their posts are just nonsense.

8. Stewart21 macrumors regular

Here in the UK this is what Apple were offering last year.

Apple was offering its MacBook Air laptop for £768, a reduction of £81. Its iPad was discounted by £31 to £368, while the iPod Nano was reduced from £129 to £118

Not big savings at all

9. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

Better than they were the day before and after though. Plus John Lewis will match the prices on that day if you prefer a better warranty

10. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

black friday always disappoints me. I hardly ever see anything good and when I do the store has like 2 to sell just to get people to go there. seems like a waste of time to me.

11. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

Just throwing this out there, but if you have a Discover card, there's currently a rolling category on online purchases: 5% back.

That stacks on top of the current deals they have through ShopDiscover (Apple, Best Buy, and Target garner an additional 5% back, for example). So a $1500 rMBP would essentially cost you $1350 =)

Of course if you factor in tax, you'd really only be saving 3-6% (unless you're lucky and live in or near a tax free state).

But hey, if there are some deals on Black Friday, you could definitely come out with some decent savings, all things considered!

12. KeegM480 macrumors 6502a

KeegM480

Usually Apple does light discounts on items, best bet is to look around at stores. Got an iPod Touch for $100 off one year at a grocery store!

13. Giuly, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014

Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

It maybe not be particularly Apple related, but Seiki's 39" 4K TV is currently on sale for under $500.

14. chetzar macrumors newbie

Amazon has it listed at $1049.99 for the 50", pretty big discount

15. grandM macrumors 6502a

grandM

black Friday

Anyone know if there are discounts on the main continent of Europe?

16. trans-olsx macrumors member

Apple's Black Friday Promotion May Focus on Gift Cards Rather Than Discounts

17. Epic26 macrumors newbie

Stormfront (APR in UK) are offering discounts (not gift cards) on macs/iPads/iPods. Also 10% off of non-apple items in the store too...

18. trans-olsx macrumors member

Can the Apple gift card be used at resellers?