Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 4, 2005
New York
I've noticed over the last several days that for every three posts I make, only one is added to my total. Have other members experienced this?

Old math: 1 + 1 + 1 = 3
New math: 1 + 1 + 1 = 1

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Have you been posting in the Political forums or threads that have eventually been sent to the Wasteland?

Could you posts have been deleted for breaking forum rules? :confused:

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Through investigative searching through his postings, I conclude with 100% accuracy that he has indeed posted into the Political Discussions. Therefore, I must come to the conclusion, and further reading of MR rules, that his posts in said forum do not count towards his total for avatarial objective.

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
Cinnamon Swirl said:
I've noticed over the last several days that for every three posts I make, only one is added to my total. Have other members experienced this?

Your recent posts to the thread 'Bush nominates Harriet Miers for Supreme Court' won't be counted 'cause it's in the political forums.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 4, 2005
New York
mad jew said:
Have you been posting in the Political forums or threads that have eventually been sent to the Wasteland?

Could you posts have been deleted for breaking forum rules? :confused:

I have posted in those threads, but none have found their way into the Wasteland (as of yet). As for your other point about me being a rulebreaker, bite your tongue. :)

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 4, 2005
New York
Lacero said:
Through investigative searching through his postings, I conclude with 100% accuracy that he has indeed posted into the Political Discussions. Therefore, I must come to the conclusion, and further reading of MR rules, that his posts in said forum do not count towards his total for avatarial objective.

Thank you, Mr. Woodward. The issue is settled.

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
Cinnamon Swirl said:

Wait till you see the 1.9r+1.9r=4 thread then, that'll bake your noodle!

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Best rule of thumb is to never post in the political forums, nothing good ever comes out of there, Best to stay away and heed the skull and crossbones on the door. ;)

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
dubbz said:
---Joke--->

O
/|\ <- dubbz
/\

Ohh... if I really have to explain my weedy jokes. :eek:

Scull (which should have been spelled skull in the original context) = An oar or a small rowing boat.

Row = another word for argument, quarrel etc.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Blue Velvet said:

Scull (which should have been spelled skull in the original context) = An oar or a small rowing boat.

no worries Blue, i understood you joke without the explanation. :D

it did make me smile ;)

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Blue Velvet said:

ya ya ya its fixed now. :p

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 4, 2005
New York
bousozoku said:
Hmmm...

<decides to check all of Cinnamon Swirl's posts for legitimacy> :D

Okay, Demi-God ... do you care to share your opinion on the legitimacy issue? :)

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Cinnamon Swirl said:
Okay, Demi-God ... do you care to share your opinion on the legitimacy issue? :)

I'm not just a Demi-God, I'm a moderator. :D You agreed to my opinion when you signed up on these forums. (So did I.) :D

amin

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2003
Boston, MA
With all your posts in this thread alone, which is basically guaranteed a spot in the wasteland, your new new math is likely to be 1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1=1.

Oh well. I've been steadily moving towards an avatar for three years. Patience is a great thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.