Post Deleted

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by abcdefGARY, Aug 4, 2009.

1. abcdefGARY macrumors regular

2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

Apple stores have a good selection of laptop bags. Have you looked there?

3. abcdefGARY thread starter macrumors regular

4. jasonwilldermoo macrumors newbie

5. joehahn macrumors regular

6. backache macrumors newbie

if you dont care about having a messenger bag, I'd look into the Jack Spade laptop bags.. They are awesome.. used mine daily for over 3 years and it still looks new.. Very well made

7. highertechnology macrumors 6502a

8. abcdefGARY thread starter macrumors regular

9. NikFinn macrumors 6502a

NikFinn

I'm in the market for the same thing but for a 13" MBP, currently I'm looking at the timbuk2 Q, the booq mamba pack, and the crumpler king single. Has anyone had any experience with any of these?

10. benlangdon macrumors 65832

benlangdon

maxpedition vulture II :p
    actually they have smaller ones that might be your size. trust me on this, there stuff lasts forever. no joke.

you should try and go to stores and see what the cubic inches or liters you want it to be. then its just a matter of looks. most backpacks will say how big it is. 3000 ci is huge (vulture II, which i have) and i dunno how small they get, but 1500 ci or 1000 i would guess.

11. GabooN macrumors regular

I bought the Booq Mamba saddle for my 13" MPB (the one thats is more like a messenger bag). I haven't had heavy use of it since school hasn't started but I have come to campus a few times with it and brought it with me to work (since I was going straight from the school). It has decent capacity, but I didn't buy it as a carry-everything bag. It fits my laptop and all accessories, plus I can put in a text or two that I may need for the day. Build quality seems great, we will see how it holds up. I like the way it opens, instead of a giant flap like many messenger bags, it opens away from you, giving access to the slots and pockets inside and on the flap.

I use it with an incase neoprene sleeve (just for added protection, or when I want to just grab the laptop or something) and it fits fine. I took out only one of the inserts you usually put in to make it fit the 13" more snugly and its a good solution. It fit great with both inserts when I wasn't using the sleeve though.

12. insular macrumors newbie

avoid the booq mamba range, the construction quality is extremely poor and the material rips in just about every place. ive still got to replace mine under warranty.

13. emcham macrumors member

I am leaning towards the Tucano one that is for sale on the apple site. I saw it in person and I liked the design. It seemed protective but not large (can hold a lot of books but can also be flattened down nicely), and the best part is that your laptop goes in a separate compartment from the rest of your stuff, in the back. So not only is it safe from scratches, it also isn't as obvious that you are carrying a "laptop containing backpack."

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TV313ZM/A?fnode=MTY1NDA2Ng&mco=MzkzMDA0Mw&p=3&s=topSellers

14. GabooN macrumors regular

damn really? I had read reviews about it on here before ordering it along with the mbp. Hopefully I don't have issues.

15. Mr.Sanchez macrumors newbie

I've been eyeing this Aftpack. I've read some reviews and it seems pretty good. Only $68 too at Amazon ;)

16. HerbyGunther macrumors member