Post here if you are getting an iPod Touch 3rd Generation!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by KrazyKuul, Jun 21, 2009.

1. KrazyKuul macrumors regular

If you plan to pick one up in September or later, make a post here, and update with a picture when you get one! So what if this is early, We need to see as many people as possible.

I plan to get a 16gb. days after release, so I can't wait!

Hope to See:

-Camera
    -Improved Speaker
    -FLAT metal back (curved plastic is good as long as it comes in white [my fav], and a glowing apple logo
    -OLED Screen!!!
    -Smaller space at top between bezel and touchscreen
    -Thinner than 1st gen.
    -And if it does have a plastic back, I'd like to see some colors, though I prefer white as I said above.

2. P140897 macrumors member

3. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

When apple and verizon get together and make a deal I'll be selling a kidney to buy an iPhone. Until then I can't pay $100 a month when my family doesnt even have the service.

4. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

5. JefferyShin macrumors regular

JefferyShin

Can someone tell me what an iPod Touch 3G is?

6. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

I think that it is a bit early to say one way or another.

For many it will depend on what the improvements are over the iPod touch 2G.

7. thefatmould macrumors member

Been waiting since april hurry along september

Mine will be here when i get it down here in little old New Zealand:)

8. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

iPod touch 3G= 3rd Generation iPod touch

9. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

i am prob gonna ask my parents if i can use my bday money in september instead of in july cuz i want to wait and see if the 3rd gens have anything major over the 2nd gen. they prob will like 64 gb cap., compass, faster processor and graphics. so i think i'll get the 3rd gen. tho iw ould like it if the 3rd gen JB would also arrive quickly cuz it took forever for it to be JBed for the 2nd gen.

10. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Well if you want anything worth while it's going to be expensive. Cheapest I've seen is $75. How much is your plan?

11. megas88 macrumors newbie

To be honest I can't believe they didn't announce anything related to the ipod touch that much at wwdc aside from what we knew which was 3.0 software. Btw, anyone else think that users are getting more than a little ripped off for features that were supposed to be included since day one? For god's sake some features can be found on the cheapest of pmp's. If not than here's what we got, landscape across all (hmm, sounds like that should've been there at launch), copy and paste (let's not get started with that again shall we lol), spotlight across the whole device (isn't that something that they knew should have been done because of a little kitty friend named OSX), and finally the rest of the stuff I forgot lol which includes the undo function.

But getting back on topic I think the touch is due for an update soon. I believe the 8gb will become obsolete which will lower the ridiculous asking price of the 32gb model and even lower the 16gb model. This also should be accompanied by a camera and hopefully but not too likely a mic. Reason a camera should be included? Because it just should lol. The mic may not be due to jailbreaking since it would open the floodgates for turning the touch into a glorified skinny iphone with skype. True, not that threatening on it's own but those hackers..... ^^. Well, that was my two cents and I'll throw in an micro sd slot just cause we all know this would make the touch an unbeatable device. With the xcsd cards being released and tested this year hopefully by the holidays apple could theoretically use this tech to boost the the touch's capacity to beyond even an archos player (now the current only device that can match the touch in all but apps. My opinion, take it with a grain of salt if you will).

So, with Steve's return imminent in mind and that prior announcement that he would have some sort of thing to talk about at a press conference as well begin the true speculations!

What do you guys want in the next ipod touch? Personally, I was gonna get mine this week or wait till Job's got back and graced us with our ever so deserved ONE MORE THING!

12. DHarrisDBS34 macrumors regular

It depends on what changes they make. I'm happy with my 2G but if there are great changes I'll be tempted.

13. puffnstuff macrumors 65816

Ive been waiting for the 3g ever since the 2g came out. I thought the 2g wasn't worth the upgrade hopefully the 3g is.

14. brendanspah764 macrumors regular

brendanspah764

All the 2g did was give a thinner body and a speaker. I am wishing for better battery life and maybe a thicker body. The current one kinda hurts the side of your hands if you hold it too hard. Somehow I would like to see colors incorporated into the design.

15. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Omit this post. I could have sworn this said iPhone. To the OP, I may plan on getting it if it's worth it.

16. Ammo macrumors regular

If it has a GPS, I'm in.

If not...I'm gonna hold out until my 1st gen iPod Video croaks. It's been almost 4 years, the battery shouldn't last much longer.

17. MacGeek7 macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

Absolutely I'll be getting one. I miss the feel of the iPhone that I sold a couple months ago. It'll be nice too because I'm almost always near Wi-Fi. I just hope they include a camera in the iPod Touch 3G

18. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

19. mattwolfmatt macrumors 65816

mattwolfmatt

What the heck are you talking about? What PLAN? You do realize this thread is talking about the ipod touch, not the iphone, right?

20. megas88 macrumors newbie

there is one major flaw that all ipods have that i would love to see fixed. And seeing as it's such an obvious flaw that apple has ignored since implementing video I doubt they'll take care of it any time soon. That flaw is video navigation. In other pmp's such as the archos and I believe some iriver players you can easily organize videos in folders and browse through them as such. Unfortunatly ipods treat videos pretty much as they treat music execpt there's no easy way to disginquish a relation between a series of vids such as a downloaded youtube series. For example, say I wanted to put some red versus blue eps on an ipod touch, now they are there but say I also wanted to put a bunch of random clips and various other series and downloads I found and downloaded. Because these are not itunes specific downloads you'd have to scroll or use spotlight for all of these. Even with spotlight you're still looking at scrolling through a long list of vids without knowing which is the one you need since some may be generically named ep 1 ep 2 ect. Ipods need to finally break free of the drm controlled shackles that is is itunes and start acting like a real pmp. Where's the personal in personal media player if you have no real say in how you get to use the content you download. To those wondering about my saying drm and itunes I'm bassically saying that itunes is not only required for you to transfer songs to an ipod but also that the ipod is functionless without it entirely. Without itunes no app store, without itunes no transfers, it's not just me who thinks it's about time for a change in these devices. Yes, I'm aware of the third party apps for transferring songs but that is completely beside the point. It isn't fair to force people who spend more than they should for devices that are only half as capable as they should be out of the box and require either a power user or to be a friend of said power user to use these basic functions that any other player can use.

I apologize for anything that could be considered insulting in this post but I believe this to be the truth.

21. villageindian macrumors member

Oh please! you are complaining about the design on the sides? try holding it after installing OS 3.0. its hot as hell in a few hours.

I only wish that they add genuine changes like incorporating the 2MP camera into it. They might even include the new camera with photo and video capabilities. Now that would truly make it the funnest iPod ever....

22. baddj macrumors 6502

yea i am getting one the day thy come out here in AU i can not wait. I do hope it makes the OS 3.0 work better from all the bad news i have read on apple's forums.

23. arctic macrumors 6502a

arctic

All I want is 64gb of touch goodness for my apps, music and videos. If :apple: won't be giving us a 64gb model, I'll just spring for a 32gb refurb of an older model and install 3.0... Or I might just get a 32gb Sony Xseries. Reviewed (@Head-Fi) to be the best sounding unamped portable available right now. :p

24. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Wow I feel the same way. Before 3.0 you couldn't log into an iTunes account without plugging it into your computer and logging in. I really hated and still do hate how depend the iPod is on iTunes especially how much of a hassle it is to set it up on another computer. I had the PSP and iPod video before and my PSP was so much easier to organize videos as well as manage videos. I hate the dependency on iTunes because I know if something goes wrong while I'm away from a computer as I am very very often as I travel allot I'm screwed. I really can't bring a full laptop either and shouldn't have to as my iPod is perfectly capable. I if your going to counter my argument anyone that is you had better have had experience with other devices outside of apple or you won't have a clue how much of a strange transition it can be from easy to hard management.

25. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

if i can get a job then i'll get one as soon as i have enough but if not then i'm gonna have to wait until after i get christmas money and birthday money. and i really want a 64GB (if there's gonna be one) because i have a 8GB 1g now and it was fine until the App Store came out. now i'm running out of space.