Post here if you LOVE the iPhone 4 and have no issues with it

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by XciteMe, Jul 16, 2010.

1. XciteMe macrumors 6502

Mine has no reception issues (then again I do have a Bumper...), no proximity sensor issues, nothing wrong with it.

Great, amazing phone.

2. redman042 macrumors 68030

redman042

I love my iPhone 4 and have no issues with it... now.

I was easily able to replicate the dropped bars problem without a bumper. It was kind of annoying. So I busted my ass to find one of those very scarce bumpers, and now all is well.

This phone is so awesome in so many ways that I'll look past this issue, because no other phone would be a worthy replacement in my eyes. And I've really looked at the alternatives.

But, I think Steve was not nearly humble enough today, and I don't like how he conducted the news conference.

So in summary, I'm very happy with the phone and I'd buy it again. I'm annoyed with Apple and they lost a few points in my eyes, but they have many points left.

Does this make any sense?

3. hipvamore macrumors regular

if i want to make my bars drop i can, but i dont intentionally hold it like that and have a bumper so i'm happy with mine completely. love it

4. Malig macrumors member

Mine does have the death grip issue but I don't normally hold it that way and my phone is naked atm. I plan on getting full body invisible protection plus a case so hopefully won't have issues. I must say I am pleased with even 1 bar call performance, I can clearly hear the other person and I sound fine to them. This is a huge upgrade from the original iPhone. I do wish 3G was more reliable though, that is an AT&T issue however.

5. speed12 macrumors regular

Yup, absolutely love mine! Still now, every time I tub it on I'm stunned by the display. It's very quick, it has an excellent and very usable camera for a phone, sound quality is very good through headphones, multitasking I think works brilliantly (not iPhone 4 specific I know), GPS is a lot better, it looks fantastic, even the gyro is great (real racing is fantastic with it). So overall top notch!

I can replicate the antenna issue, but in actual use it has caused me zero issues as I dont hold it in a way where I touch that area. And now I get a free case for it. Spot on!

6. pab277 macrumors regular

I'm a first time iPhone owner and i couldn't be happier with my iPhone 4. It does have the signal issue, but frankly, i could care less. No proximity sensor problems or any other problems for that matter. I bought a case, the one problem is resolved, and all is good in the world :)

7. Savor Suspended

Savor

Another iPhone 4 lovefest thread strictly for reassurance? Insecure, much? Need another iP4 coddling thread?

Okay, I'll bite again for the 10th time or so. I love mines too!

8. andrewsd macrumors 6502

Hands down the best phone I've ever used. And it's naked btw as have all my iPhones have been.

9. andrewsd macrumors 6502

Oh and I don't plan on getting the bumpers or a case even if it is free.

10. rdeloviar macrumors newbie

Very much satisfied with my 16GB. My wife's 32GB is also performing well...no issues.

11. suade8880 macrumors member

Never regretted my purchase. Best phone I ever had. No problems what so ever and is naked without a case.

12. xmarcuswildx macrumors 6502

Have had every iPhone since day 1 and iPhone 4 is by far my favorite have had no issues since 7 am that morning when I got on the 24th just waitin on the white one now for my fiancé!

13. sonofpismo macrumors regular

sonofpismo

Love it! No issues with or without a case.

I was using a Bumper, now the Incipio Feather.

14. Biscotti macrumors regular

32 GB, love it. esp coming from a 3G running 4.0. I've been telling my friends i used to waste about 30 minutes a DAY waiting for messages/ beejive/ games/ skype/ etc to load... NO MORE! I LOVE THE IP$!!! (4) 512 MB RAM??? APPLE A4!? Perfect! love it...

yeah I have the signal issue, but with 4.0.1 its not AS bad AND i dropped 1 call in 5 days as opposed to 5 per DAY with my 3G...

15. Bratboy macrumors member

First time iPhone owner.....and Yes....I Love It....but I could LOVE IT More.

Love lots of the features it has, and it's capabilities (having come from Crackberry Land), and LOVE the display. But could be further enamoured with the phone if the Battery life were a bit longer (I realise it's supposed to be better than previous iPhones.... as mentioned.... came from the Dark Side....so comparing battery life between those two.)

Have noticed the signal drop, but only when the corner rests on my hand/palm whilst typing....but got myself a protective case, and all is good. So no REAL complaints.

Will I bring it back? No
    Would I recommend the phone? YES
    Will I take up Apple on getting (another) free case? YES (not a bumper though...I prefer the protective case....and don't want to have to take the bumper off every night to park/charge it on my docking station.)

P.S. Have had some niggles with Proximity Sensor, but no biggie, and am sure that it will get sorted out soon enough.

16. Stiss macrumors 6502a

Checking in!

I love my phone and it's not going back!

Already have a bumper too and that was my decision on day one at the Apple Store because my priority was to protect the phone.

17. glanv macrumors regular

There are countless threads about issues and people who are unhappy with their purchase, so what's the harm in a few threads about people that are pleased with the product?

Edit: I have an iPhone 4 and overall I am very pleased. I can make the signal go down using the so called 'death grip', but I tested this on my 3G and can do the same thing. I haven't had any dropped calls or problems with the proximity sensor. The only other phones I would consider is an HTC or a Blackberry - I've had both in the past and they served me well. However, my iPhone gives me every feature and function that I need and I don't believe there is a phone that could compare to this (this is my subjective view and not a statement made on behalf of the entire population).

18. lifegoe5on macrumors newbie

i have 2 ip4s. both of them have no problems top of that they have better reception than ip3g's.

19. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

20. glanv macrumors regular

21. dbl.ceo macrumors newbie

Now Listen here kids

Did anyone feel as if Steve Jobbs was giving us a lecture, kind of like an angry father whose trying not to lose his proverbial ****. I felt ashamed and sorry whilst listening to it.

or even an alien race that was "so dissapointed in us" for this entire attenaegate thing that it was leaving us "WE LOVE OUR USERS" AND NOW YOU DO THIS TO US

22. Tor Eckman macrumors member

I would not trade mine for any other phone out there right now. I thumbed a few android phones today at BB and Wal Mart, and they seem like cheap plastic toys compared to the work of art that is the iPhone 4 :)

23. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

Use it to take a picture of a white background (like a white wall or white piece of printer paper) and upload and post that picture here. :cool:

24. Tor Eckman macrumors member

Yeah, I listened to Leo LaPorte today too... btw, I have never felt ashamed while listening to a tech press conference. But I'm an adult with real problems and responsibilities, so there is that while perspective thing...