Post here if your 3G S is perfect!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by entity, Jun 20, 2009.

1. entity macrumors regular

After seeing all these threads about people being unhappy with their phone and its build quality, it can get really depressing! No one ever posts if their phone is perfect.

I'm usually unlucky with new technology, but in this case my iPhone is perfect. The silver bezel is not crooked, the home key and power switch click and are not mushy, the volume up / down and mute toggle are solid any don't wiggle, there is no major "yellowing" while comparing it to a 3G side by side, there is no sounds coming from the inside when I shake it.

I am very happy with this purchase! :D

2. blueicedj macrumors 6502

Yea, people do complain too much. Mine is perfect though!

3. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

Same here it's perfect. Some people are being really nitpicky though.

4. Shabbis macrumors regular

Mine is perfect, but then again, I am not that picky. It's a phone, it's going to take a lot of abuse.

5. DCRa macrumors newbie

I got the new iPhone too, and I gotta say I'm impressed. A lot of people think that since because it looks the same, it the same, however they updated all the hardware making it so much faster and responsive. Apps open in less than a second, and everything is much smoother. 3G and Wifi speeds are superb, to a point where 3G is faster than wifi sometimes. The camera is AMAZING compared to the 3G one. I've taken multiple comparisons because I still have my 3G, and the auto-focus works phenomenal, not to mention the video capabilities. You might say "my phone has had that for a long time" but this is truly good quality with auto-focus. Another improvement that I noticed was the speakers volume. So much louder than 3G. And of course Voice Control is pretty cool, although I don't know to what extent I would use it. I guess its just to show off lol. Oh, and since we have a compass now, the maps move to the direction your pointing your iPhone, AND it's allowing TomTom to create a real GPS turn-by-turn on the iPhone 3GS, which will honestly make this iPhone the real "all in one"

Oh and 32gb :D more music!

32GB iPod, real internet with superb speeds, good auto-focus camera with high quality video, real turn-by-turn GPS, one of the biggest game consoles now with game revenues superseding consoles such as Nintendo, and a phone. What else do you need? =] I love my iPhone =]

6. Titan12 macrumors regular

I agree! Mine is perfect as well! (nooo!, I refuse to read the "Yellow Tint" threads because all they will do is force me to over analyze my phone). hehe. Even if my phone is a little yellow, returning it for different color temp is so hit and miss that its not worth the chance. I dont want to return an otherwise perfect phone and end up with dead pixels or some other calamity.

7. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

8. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

I usually steer clear of the first shipment of anything from Apple but was encouraged this time because most of the "moving parts" were carryover from the 3G. So far, everything is great. The only thing that feels strange is the home button. My original iphone had a nice click to it (as others have stated). This one feels different. It isn't defective by any sense, just feels different.

As far as the software goes, it seems pretty good in my brief usage so far. There seemed to be some issues on the voicemail screen but maybe this had more to do with syncing up with ATT than actual bugs.

9. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

No complaints here - the difference in speed coming from a 2G phone is really impressive.

10. diabolic macrumors 68000

11. GFSarah macrumors regular

GFSarah

12. joro macrumors 68020

joro

Perfect!!! :cool:

13. TapOut macrumors regular

TapOut

love mine perfect...minus my apps looks 1/1000 lighter than 3g apps .. i still am deeply in love and we have set a date

14. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Perfect for now. Am not seeing any yellow screen, uneven bevel, etc. I just hope the silent switch doesn't fall off or it doesn't crack up a Storm.

15. BryanLyle macrumors 6502a

BryanLyle

Phone is perfect. AT&T, not so much. Love the ability to take video. It might not be HD, but it sure beats what we had before :)

16. Luddy macrumors member

I have no complaints. Moving from an LG CU500 to a 3gs is insane. Almost like feature overload compared to what I had. When I first loaded up the phone flix app to add a movie to my queue I was floored at the ability to this. Hope everyone is enjoying theirs.

17. gzillaration macrumors member

loving it a lot.. had the 2G for a year, wanted to get a gps instead of relying on horrible EDGE speed google maps, so i figured id put out 50-100 bucks to upgrade to 3GS. The speed is amazing compared to Edge, plus everything loads amazingly fast.

compass is sweet, 32GB is sweet, voice controls is sweet, no smudges is amazing

perfect iphone 3gs right here!

18. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Mine is perfect. Had a 3G before this with some dust under the screen.

19. nfl46 macrumors 603

I loooooooove it! Its sooooo fast! :apple::apple:

Its so much better than my 3G and First Gen. I love how I can do everything so much quicker and not worry about lag.

20. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

21. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Yah, mine is absolutely perfect! No light leak, no crooked power button, glass is flush, pixels are perfect ... But I've decided to keep my 3G and return the 3G S⃣ . Sad day, haha.

22. Spiffyis5150 macrumors member

23. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Screen is beautiful, bezel is great, no flaws anywhere on my mint iPhone 3G S⃣.

24. Raska macrumors 6502

My 3G S is just dandy. I've owned the original, the 3G and 3G S and never had a problem with any of them.