Post if You Support Bringing back Slate

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Radiating, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Radiating macrumors 65816

This is a simple thread. If you support bringing back the sleek sexy and subtle Slate iPhone color for the iPhone 5, make a post.

Maybe Apple will listen to their customers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. robbie12345 macrumors 6502

I like slate much better.

but this re(re)lease spells gimmick all over it. They made up bs catch lines, slightly updsated the colors, and its pure bs.

They cant even call it great so they are calling it the most refined iphone yet.

Yeh its refined, barely.

Pretty much Im kind of happy about the rerelease it made our iphone 5s in slate worht much more

3. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

I'd have to see the iPhone 5S in Space Grey in person first, but I'm pretty moot about it right now.

4. user-name-here macrumors 65816

[​IMG]
    In this image the iPhone 5 probably got scuffed up just by being held in the persons hand! ;)

Space Grey all the way! (hey that rhymes)

5. Damolee macrumors 6502

"Space Grey".... lol dear oh dear.

Better than the 5C colours, they are a disgrace. Who in their right mind would want those shades of colour, disgusting.

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

iPhone 5 Black/Slate is the new Space Gray, the new White and the new Gold/Champagne.

We won't even discuss the 5C, which has colors favored by toddlers.

7. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

The slate model is prone to scuffs among the edges. Hence why it's gone entirely. A thread wanting it back means nothing to Apple.

8. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

a petition signed by 100k people would mean nothing as well. colors are already set and production in line. has Apple ever made a change to a new product in mid-cycle? I don't think so. if the antennagate is any indication from the 4 back in 2010, you have your answer.

9. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

What the hell are you saying to me? I never suggested a petition.

10. Iphone5preorder macrumors 6502a

Absolutely not. Look what happens to this pOS when you put it in your pocket without a case. The entire backside of my 5 has white and silver spots everywhere. This is ONLY from putting it in my pocket with nothing else other than Lint.

Attached Files:

11. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

I was merely agreeing w/ your thread that nothing will bring back the slate regardless if its a thread or a petition.

12. BlockEight88 macrumors regular

Well your credibility just went out the window. Who cares around an iPhone without any case or protection?

13. Iphone5preorder macrumors 6502a

Really? If a phone can't handle everyday regular use without losing its "paint" or whatever this stuff is, they need to sell the phone with a case.

But to answer your question, about eight people sitting around me use their iPhone without a case. It's not THAT uncommon.

14. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

Ok. You could have worded your post a bit better. Carry on.

----------

The slate model had big issues with the anodization. Watching my iPhone 5 scuff repeatedly while using it sans case and never dropping it drove me insane. Apple knows this and hence why it's gone from their lineup. But according to Schiller this was 'normal'. :rolleyes:

15. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Apparently, I'm the only iPhone 5 owner that hasn't had issues.

My iPhone 5 is nicked a bit because I dropped it on concrete once and the black has worn away on one chamfered edge where it sits on it's side all day in a business card holder. But there are zero scratches on the front or back of my iPhone 5 because I do not lay it down on rough surfaces (always something under it). It doesn't scratch due to handling and I haven't had a case on it since November. Further, it rides around in a back or side pocket when I am on the go, but if it makes any difference, my iPhone 5 is the ONLY object I have in said pocket.

16. Radiating thread starter macrumors 65816

I've had a slate iPhone 5 since launch day and I have had zero issues with durability just by using a power support flat bumper. No rear protective film at all, nothing.

The Space Gray iPhone 5S will not be any more durable than the slate iPhone 5.

17. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

you should have made a poll instead and replies for explanations
    Also, apple does not frequent this forum

18. swish2351 macrumors 6502

I will never use a case, and there are many people who agree. I don't want to buy a very expensive phone then just put it in a case and make it either look ridiculous with a cheap case or double the weight and width with an expensive case

My friend has had his Slate iPhone 5 in an otterbox from the day he got it, it's still covered in scratches.

19. Radiating thread starter macrumors 65816

Yep and I've had my phone in an ultra thin bumper since launch day and have ZERO scratches.

20. swish2351 macrumors 6502

Don't believe me? Next time I see him, I'm going to take a picture of it just for you :)

21. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Yeah, this is one of the major reasons I strongly dislike the iPhone 4 and 4S. Stick one of those fugly neon bumpers on it or one of those shapeless Otterboxes which makes it impossible to tell if there is an iPhone in there or not, and you have some serious ugly.

22. holla1ga macrumors newbie

I was very disapointed when I found out the "Slate" was not an option for the iPhone 5s but the more I look at the "Space Grey" the more I like it. I will be happy with the Space Grey but if I had the choice I would choose "Slate" without a doubt.

23. gcrr macrumors regular

Yeah, me too. Even though I'm going to cover it up anyways.

24. gatearray macrumors 65816

First of all, great user name, really, that's one to stand the test of time. :)

But I've never seen lint do anything like that to a phone, are you sure it was the pocket lint that did it?

And what do those 8 iPhones look like, same as yours?

If their phones are ok, maybe they wear those fancy new lint-free slacks like me, my slate iPhone 5 looks perfect without a case since last October. :)

25. JulianL macrumors 65816

Seeing the picture of a scuffed Slate phone I prefer even a badly scuffed Slate phone to the new Space Grey. Can a company with the might of Apple, with all its R&D money and power to influence manufacturers, really not create a phone in a Slate or black colour that is less prone to scuffing than the current model?

I need to see it in person but if the Space Grey looks as horrible to me in real life as it does in the pictures and videos that I've seen then ironically, as someone who has never used a case, I might seriously consider one for the iPhone 5s just to cover up that ugly mish-mash of uncoordinated colours that is the back of the Space Grey device. Hopefully I can find someone selling a matt-black screen-protector-like stick on that I can use to cover the back without adding bulk.

- Julian