Post in Wasteland

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by dukebound85, Aug 18, 2008.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

think it would be nice if we were able to post in wasteland threads

I say this as some of the threads are very interesting and sometimes I want to add something only to remember i cant

However, I would that there be propose rules that were similar to the prsi forum in terms of posting in it. aka meet requirements and wont count towards post count

is this a completely bad idea? i was just thinking about it and dont see what would be too bad about it

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Haven't tried in awhile, but you can always edit a post in Wasteland as long as the thread isn't locked.

But the threads are going there to die, so why try to keep them alive?

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

the reason for not being able to post in the wasteland is to stop the banter that caused the wastelanding in the first place. it doesn't need to be continued.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I understand why you might want to. It seems that it would be problematic for mods, though. They remove threads to the Wasteland for a reason.... typically a violation of rules or an argument that got out of hand... insults, etc. If you could continue posting there, it would just allow the violation/argument/etc. to continue. So I can see why they wouldn't want that to happen.

Were you looking there for the DRM thread we were just in? I looked earlier, but it's deleted and the OP is banned. I guess that's our answer.

5. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

no not necessarily that one but there are some that get wastelanded due to just getting off topic and those are the ones im refeering too. there is a difference between locked threads and those that get wastelanded imo

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If a thread has an on-topic element that is still being discussed, we do try to save that part. We usually only wasteland them when they're totally overrun with inanity.

If you do see a thread and it has a salvageable component, you could feel free to...

- PM one of us and we can try to split the wheat from the chaff and bring it back to the threshing floor.

- Start a new thread, perhaps with a reference to the old one and a specific request to your fellow members that it not get out of hand again.

But for future reference, "Dude, the iPhone dock makes a great bong!!!1111" does not have a salvageable component. ;)