Post Jailbreak issues?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by scouser75, Aug 3, 2010.

1. scouser75 macrumors 6502a

Guys, after I jailbroke last night I had the following problems;

Every time I went into Safari the app would crash.

In panic I done a re-store from back-up. To my horror I got a message saying that my iPhone was "damaged" and that I should take it to an Apple Store :(

In further panic I done another re-store but this time as a New Phone. Everything now seems to be working OK but I don't know if my phone is actually damaged by the Jailbreak. It no longer is Jailbroken and I think I'm going to definitely hold off now until something more stable is in place.

Has anyone else had any similar problems? if so, have you found a fix for it?

Thanks

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Seems the biggest jailbreak issue is that it makes the iPhone Hacks forum at the top of the page totally invisible.

3. kaizer85 macrumors member

Theres was a no mms and FaceTime showing after jailbreak but everything should be fixed now

4. 66Replica macrumors newbie

It's software. Now that the phone has been wiped and set up as new it's fine. Again, it's just software.

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Just chill a bit, your phone is not "damage", iTunes just detect something out of place and gave you that warnning, that is a risk that you take when jailbrekaing, (it also the same risk you take when upgrading stock Apple firmware - that's why itunes say do not disconnect while upgrading - same risk while installing any app on your desktop pc).

Don't worry, sometime stuff don't copy right or something that is why those trap and warning are built in.