Post Late 2008 Macbook Pro: Glossy vs. Matte -- settle it with a vote

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by darkus, Dec 8, 2008.

?

Glossy vs Matte

1. Glossy

37 vote(s)
    41.6%
  2. Matte

43 vote(s)
    48.3%
  3. Can't decide/don't care.

9 vote(s)
    10.1%
  1. darkus macrumors regular

Ok as a nice follow-up to the original and great poll on Glossy vs. Matte, this vote asks the same question on the new Unibody Mac Book Pros. If Apple had released the unibody MBP with both Glossy and Matte options, which would you have gotten?

Please vote!

2. MusicallySilent macrumors member

Matte. Sometimes I am ok with glossy screens, but that glossy glass is just way too reflective to be productive in a room with tons of overhead fluorescent lights, and 2 walls of solid windows.

Though I personally haven't tried it, I always would pick Matte>Glossy however I may learn to deal with gloss to satisfy my urge to have the newest tech for once and good build quality.

3. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

4. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Ah...but this is Glassy vs Matte ;)

5. iSpoody 1243 macrumors 6502

When it comes to notebooks i think matte is a better option, just because notebooks are designed to be used in more places where glare can occur.

6. puma1552 macrumors 601

7. darkus thread starter macrumors regular

8. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

glossy because the colours look better :) however Apple could do with turning it down a notch with the late 2008 models, its literally like a mirror.

9. Fidgetyrat macrumors regular

I voted matte simply because its what I would have chosen given the option.. However, That doesn't imply that I dislike the glass screen. In fact I have really come to appreciate it..

Besides the occasional reflection, I really hardly ever have any problems since the backlight is bright enough to drown out relfections most of the time..

Plus the glass keeps the LCD from bowing or bending at all which is very nice.. The colors are fantastic..

Though in the end, given the choice, I prefer matte.

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

11. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I love matte, but I didn't have a choice.

And I agree with Mr. rdowns

12. kasakka macrumors 68000

Matte. I feel the glossy doesn't really bring anything beneficial to the Macbooks. Laptops, unlike desktops are often used in places where you can't set the computer to where the lighting won't cause reflections too much.

13. djkny macrumors 6502

14. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

I was all set to get a matte MBP, but I have come adore the glossy screen on this machine. It looks amazing, and is not nearly as annoying as I thought it would be. If you only saw the glossy screen in the Apple store....well, let's just say that place is WAYY too overlit. I hated the glossy screen on the old MBP when I saw it there, but the even-more-reflective new one is fine in practice.

15. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

WTF? :confused: