Post moved to wasteland?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by jneckert, Nov 23, 2007.

1. jneckert macrumors member

I'm new to Macrumors and I was wandering why a post I made to Macbook Pro was moved to Archive>Wasteland? Did I break some rule and if so, what?
    I apologize if I did.

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

The first rule of MR Club is: Read the rules. (in the tab that says FAQs / Rules.) Minor problems #10 - no selling outside Marketplace

The answer is in the reply to your quote which is in Wasteland. You attempted to sell or get a selling estimate on a computer in the regular forums, which is not allowed.

There is a Marketplace forum for buying, selling and price feelers. Before you can participate in Marketplace you have to be a member of the MR community for some time, and have a minimum number of posts.

We do not want spam and scam sellers here, so it is restricted to established community members.

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

You have to contribute to the forum with charm and wit before scalping us ...

Without any posts, it is assumed you have none. ;)

4. jneckert thread starter macrumors member

Post moved to wasteland

I apologize again for the mistake. I did not want to break the rules. I was just trying to get somw feedback from some other Mac users. I wasn't looking to make a trade or sale directly through the forums.

I will be more careful in the future.

5. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

mac-convert

And welcome aboard, by the way. We hope you enjoy your stay.

6. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Yeah, but it was a "price check" which is still technically against the rules. Even though you had no bad intentions, you must understand why the right to such threads is reserved for more established members right? It's really a privilege, so just don't go about abusing it when you do qualify for such threads (when they are appropriately placed in Market Place).:)
    Just read the rules and stick to them. They're pretty easy and clear. :)

Welcome to the forums, we hope you stick around.:)

7. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

It's too bad we have to have as many rules as we do, because it can leave people hesitant to read them all and harder to remember them all. But the rules have evolved to best serve the membership.

Most of the rules are based on common sense and courtesy, but the rule about starting threads in the Marketplace isn't common sense, so you'd never know it unless you read the rules and notices. We have that rule because it helps improve the quality of transactions in the Marketplace forum. It's an inconvenience to well-meaning new forum members, but a benefit to most members overall.

8. jneckert thread starter macrumors member

It's ok. I understand why the rules are in place. I was just wandering about the resale value of the Macbook b/c I'm interested in the Macbook Pro. I realize I'm not allowed to make sales/trades yet. I appreciate the helpfulness that is offered in this forum. I've learned a lot about Mac related info and I don't regret making the switch last year from a Dell desktop. I remember the Apple's from my childhood. I'm enjoying computers again for the first time in a long time not just looking at them as a tool to get work/papers done.