Post photos on safari from iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SandersHokie, Aug 8, 2008.

1. SandersHokie macrumors 6502

Is it possible to post a picture from my iPhone on the Internet?

I'd like to take a picture and then post it on the Internet, say on macrumors. is that possible without using my laptop?

thanks.

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Take a picture and email it to yourself. It should be in your sent mail, as well. At some point have to retrieve it from your email, so it may be difficult to not use your computer.

This thread might help: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=540497

3. SandersHokie thread starter macrumors 6502

oh so you can't take a picture and quickly upload it on say macrumors all from yourphone?

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Not that I'm aware of, but maybe some other MR members can shed some light on the subject.

5. msmith2112 macrumors 6502

msmith2112

Wirelessly posted (8Gb iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

I think you could upload it to Flickr using email. Then, post it to MacRumors using the photos specific address.

6. Rybold macrumors 6502a

Rybold

So, here's my thinking: You can click on a photo in your photos and choose "email photo," which will the send the file to your email. You can access your email on your iPhone and open the file. The problem is ... how do you save a file onto your iPhone, and how can you upload a file from a folder to the internet from your iPhone ????

Now, I know I've seen a lot of iPhone pics on Flickr, and I'm wondering if maybe there isn't a way to upload pics directly from your phone to Flickr (I could swear I've heard of some way that Flickr facilitates that). If you could do that, then you could just link to the flickr photo in your MacRumors post.

Check this out also: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=540497

7. chaoses macrumors member

chaoses

Is there a way to save the photo when you are browsing internet using safari?

8. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

In a browser keep your finger pressed on the image. It will give you some options, 'save image' is one of them. Is that what you're asking?

9. chaoses macrumors member

chaoses

yeah that works, but some applications (like news apps) when you press for awhile, it doesn't work, so does that mean you can't save photos in an app?

10. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Umm. It's a Safari feature. Just like you can't surf the web in the Notes app. Or send an email from Tetris.

I don't know what all the flickr enabled apps do, but I can't imagine uploading a photo to flickr, then typing out the entire image URL on a post. That would get old before it was born.