Post Pics of Cosmetically Blemished Refurb iPhone4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chiseenchinaman, Mar 13, 2011.

1. chiseenchinaman, Mar 13, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011

chiseenchinaman macrumors newbie

Hey guys, i (and i'm sure others) would like to see the extent of the cosmetically blemished iPhones that AT&T sells. I ordered a 32g iphone4 thats a refurb cosmetic blemished iphone. i'll chip in and post pics of it when it comes.

Note: don't post strictly refurbished iphones as they will look like new phones (doesn't really help the thread)

Edit: pictures. gotta say... damn good deal for a 32gb iphone4. looks good, works fine. paid 179.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    one scratch, barely visible
    [​IMG]

2. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

This is from previous experience, I got a refurbed iPhone 3G and it came looking like a BRAND New iPhone like it comes with original screen protector, it's hard to tell a refurbed iPhone from a new one

The one you ordered will probably look new or have possibly a small scratch other then that there should be no blemishs

3. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

I have bought abou 10 iPhone refurbs over the last 2yrs and they all come looking as brand new

4. Merkie macrumors 68020

5. SL4VE macrumors 6502

maybe because a refurb iPhone uses new cases all round and the only thing refurb'd is the internals which are tested more vigorously than new models as they are a refurb

6. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Getting new cases is often true for Apple refurbs.

More vigorous testing is not. Apple states that they're tested to the same standards as factory new items.

In any case, I like buying Apple refurbs because of the price :)

7. war eagle macrumors 6502a

I ordered one of these from AT&T a couple months ago. It came looking brand new but the earpiece didn't work so I had to get it switched at Apple.

8. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I wouldn't order refurb from AT&T, but from Apple, I definitely would.

9. jameskk macrumors regular

I ordered a refurb iPhone 4 from at&t a couple of weeks ago for $79. Looked brand new when it arrived

10. SL4VE macrumors 6502

ah but a new product gets tested than the same product gets tested at refurb stage so if its going to fail it would at the 2nd stage of testing surely? hmm i think were both right in different ways :cool:

11. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

True, They've tested the iPhone more times times then buying a new one and it's much cheaper...it's a win win situation

12. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

You're right: each module has been tested twice. (Assuming no new parts are used.) (*)

So that argues that the original testing should be twice as long, eh? (Since you appear to claim that a second stage of testing would show up any failures.) *grin*

In addition, they could easily use modules from several phones to put together a refurb, and it'd be the first time they were ever used together, providing a possibly new failure path.

What we don't know, is what are the major failure causes. If, for instance, the CPU and memory rarely fails.... but most iPhones fail after X number of Home button pushes, then burning in the CPU and memory is fairly moot.

Some things to think about. Cheers!

(*) Heck, they might've been tested even more times, if that part came back over and over again in refurb'd phones.

13. chiseenchinaman thread starter macrumors newbie

14. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

What cosmetic blemishes are you talking about?

15. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Why do you need to see blemishes? I don't understand your posts.

16. chiseenchinaman thread starter macrumors newbie

to see the extent of the damage on the refurb cosmetic blemished iphones that at&t are selling. they sell new (that are new). refubs (used, fixed and are in new/like new condition) and refurb with cosmetic blemishes (used, fixed but have cosmetic blemishes).

i'd like to see how cosmetically blemished is cosmetically blemished.

Attached Files:

17. chiseenchinaman thread starter macrumors newbie

mmm, i hope mine doesn't have any chips on the glass.... scratches i can deal with. but chips, thats a different story.

18. chiseenchinaman thread starter macrumors newbie

and yours was a blemished phone? i hope i have luck on my side.

19. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Well make sure you post pictures to share when you get yours!

20. saberahul macrumors 68040

Really? I could never stand the tiniest visible damage... maybe its ocd.

21. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Wrong. New products are only tested at random or lightly.

Apple refurb is tested more.

22. chiseenchinaman thread starter macrumors newbie

i will when i comes in. But if i'm lucky and it's perfect, i'll just tell you guys.

23. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Most of the people here are missing the point of his post. He's not talking about "Refurbished" from Apple or AT&T. He's talking about Cosmetically Blemished. It's an offer that AT&T does online only. For example a blemished 3GS is $20. I am curious about this myself, as a friend is looking to sign onto our family plan but can't afford a new iPhone.

24. chiseenchinaman thread starter macrumors newbie

omg... someone that actually comprehended my simple OP (i thought i made it pretty clear.) thanks for showing me that someone on the board isn't hearing what they wanna hear. :D