Post Pics of your 3G Case Here

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by map1978, Feb 23, 2009.

1. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

I thought this might be a helpful thread to create. We all know there are TONS of cases, but I think some live shots of cases will help people get an understanding of what it might look like. Stock photos off websites are definitely not the same thing.

For example, I hope someone posts pics of a charcoal and olive green incase slider...never seen them in my local apple stores, and I have 5 near me.

Here is my Metallic Red Incase Slider

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is my Seidio Innocase II (Black)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Minus Human macrumors member

Minus Human

4Mac SeeShell on Gelaskin

I just installed the Punk Rock Blues Gelaskin and tried my old 4Mac SeeShell case on it. Sorry about the poor clarity of the mobile cam pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. CoreIsScene macrumors newbie

Parra Incase Slider

I've had this case for a bit so it's scratched up some.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

His and hers

Vaja Black and Red Limited Edition is mine, and just got my wife's DasBlau's Slipper Case and she loves it.

Attached Files:

5. map1978 thread starter macrumors 68020

map1978

wow that punk rock skin looks awesome and so does that incase slider! nice pics everyone

6. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

How is the Seidio Innocase II? I'm looking for a new case, something slim and simple and that looks great. How is the fit? Do all the holes line up well?

7. map1978 thread starter macrumors 68020

map1978

It's brilliant IMO. Love it. It's super slim, no dust build up inside the case, it has felt inside the case (no scratches), holes are perfect and I had to problem using it with a PS anti-glare.

I just get bored with it so I only use it for those formal days. I would definitely recommend it to anyone. I didn't get the holster because I pocket my phone, but it's cheaper if you buy both together, just so you know. I hear the holster is top notch too.

8. map1978 thread starter macrumors 68020

map1978

Damn 400 views and only a few people have posted pics? I thought this was a great thread to create because not all colors and live pics are available to see online.

Nobody needs to see a black matte incase slider but there are colors that I haven't seen anywhere. I'm sure there are other cases as well.

So please share your pics, thanks

9. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Burgundy Slider!!!!!! :):):):) plz

10. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

11. map1978 thread starter macrumors 68020

map1978

Haha thats brilliant my friend! :D

Must have taken that pic when you first bought it. No iphone would look that scratch-free being naked.

12. redcrow240 macrumors member

ive seen a back case on ebay thats a replica of the original back of the iphone 3g (complete with apple logo, 16gb and bottom info). I was curious and might pick it up down the road just for kicks.

Right now i just got a SHIELD brand back case today. They are some company in taiwan but you can find it on amazon if you search for shield iphone 3g. The best i can explain the case without posting a pic (dont have a camera cept the iphone's) is that its almost exactly like the sgp ultra thin but covers a bit more of the chrome bezel to the point where it looks like you have a chrome halo...looks cool. 10 bucks aint bad. It'll hold me over till I decide on what color to get that seidio innocase 2 surface (blue or burgandy). The innocase being similar to this SHIELD one but it coming in two pieces and covering all the chrome, the top and the bottom completely. But i can see it becoming a bit bland if i dont get it in a color not black

13. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Just put this case on- Griffin Wave. It had been sitting in my drawer since August. :eek: I like it now.

Attached Files:

14. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

+1. :D
    I had to do a double take. My dad has had his iPhone 3G naked since October and beats the living s*** out of it. I'll post pics if I can confiscate it one day. :p

15. map1978 thread starter macrumors 68020

map1978

nice but the MBP looks nicer :D since august? haha

just not a fan of that glossy screen...love my classic matte screen MBP

16. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Thank you.
    I love this thing. I had the glossy screen on my Penryn MBP before I got the Unibody and liked it a lot. Two each their own. :p

17. drumguy1975 macrumors member

i just got a 3G on friday so i am looking for a case. this one looks great! it seems that it's a hard plastic, is that right? is it pretty durable?

18. map1978 thread starter macrumors 68020

map1978

I'm not one to drop my phones but I feel this is pretty durable. It is a matte finish but plastic yes, no silicon. The inside is lined with a nice felt to prevent scratches to the plastic back of the phone. I rotate this case and my incase sliders only.

If you decide to order it and you want the holster too (hear great things about the holster), get them at the same time. It will be cheaper if you buy them together.

19. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

It's holding up pretty well without a case , a few light scratches but nothing major , never dropped the phone either
    [​IMG]

The thing is to not carry your keys and your phone in the same pocket , nothing else i carry really scratches it

20. oleegs macrumors newbie

I also find mono color appealing.
    if its black or white let it be.
    metallic style/color is also my type.

for me ipod original case is the best and no need for any casing :)

21. dannyar macrumors 6502

22. dklassen macrumors newbie

Here's what worked for me.

BlackBerry OEM Belt Clip Case For 9530 Storm / Bold (mags removed) + Incase Slider

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. map1978 thread starter macrumors 68020

map1978

end thread? lol...you didn't even post pics, what are u smoking?

24. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Ditto. What is the iGlaze or whatever its called anyway? Is it like an Invisibleshield?

25. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816