Post pics of your Belkin Screencare+ ( fitted by Apple )

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Risco, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Risco macrumors 68000

Risco

2. DMVillain, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016

DMVillain macrumors 6502a

Stopped by an Apple Store on my way home to get the Belkin Glass screen protector installed. Took about 10 minutes, I was the first to use the service so they had to go to the back and get the appliance.

For my 6s Plus, I wanted a minimalist protector to go with my minimalist case (made by Totallee), and so far I'm mostly impressed. The screen protector is practically unnoticeable, but it seems to collect dust well around the edges.
    image.jpg
    Without case
    image.jpg
    Without case
    image.jpg
    With case
    image.jpg
    With case
    image.jpg
    On, with case.

3. TheRock88 macrumors member

4. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

Yep, Looks like an iPhone with a screen protector on it. Pass

5. dark_knight177 macrumors regular

dark_knight177

What kind of case is that? Looks awesome!

6. DMVillain macrumors 6502a

Thanks for sharing
    --- Post Merged, Feb 9, 2016 ---
    $35ish
    --- Post Merged, Feb 9, 2016 ---
    Thank you! Totallee "Scarf" http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Case-TOTALLEE-The-Scarf/dp/B00O2NJVQA

7. dark_knight177 macrumors regular

dark_knight177

8. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

Your welcome.

9. Risco thread starter macrumors 68000

Risco

Thanks mate, how does it hold up to fingerprints?

10. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

anyone have a link to this S/P? Or is it the same one posted on Apple's website? It looks different then the one I had in the beginning when I first got my 6S.

11. thatJohann macrumors 6502a

thatJohann

Is this the anti-glare one or the glossy?

12. DMVillain macrumors 6502a

After a day of usage it's worked just as if there were no screen protector. No fingerprint residue.

Not to me, it doesn't. Barely even noticeable.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 10, 2016 ---
    "Invisiglass", so glossy I guess.

13. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

This looks great and something I will definitely consider for the iPhone 7. I have been this long without a screen protector (going back many iPhones) and I guess I can wait until the 7 comes along.

I haven't been able to see any info if the protector used has an Oleophobic coating. The O/P mentions no fingerprints, but I would be interested in how that holds up over a couple of weeks of use.

14. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

I don't get... I've always bought screen protectors. I put them on myself and never have had any issue with fingerprints. What's this fingerprint issue people keep talking about?

15. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

If any surface that you touch frequently is not coated in any way with anti-fingerprint (i.e. Oleophobic coating, or some anti-glare screens), fingerprints will accumulate on the screen. Even with Oleophobic coatings that are on the standard iPhone screen wear off after time. By the time my iPhone is ready for its annual refresh, the screen is devoid of all coating and looks like a smeared mess at the end of day. I have a similar situation with my iPad Air 2 which was purchased at the product introduction.

16. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

It has a tighter cutout around the earpiece and the home button than the invisiglass Apple sells in the package. Don't know why the cutouts are different though, I like the tighter cutouts better but I don't like other people putting on my screen protector.

17. ricktat macrumors 6502a

Yes this is definitely different. The original had a huge thumb cutout and square cutout at the top. Also, the oleophobic on the old one wasn't very good at all.

18. thatJohann macrumors 6502a

thatJohann

I've never had a screen protector, but was at the apple store and decided to get the Belkin AntiGlare on my 6S Plus. Installation was flawless, not a single bubble and precision aligned. The employee took her time cleaning my phone making sure no smudges or dust got there, i was very pleased.

The protector itself works as intended. reduced glare at the expense of a little bit of reduced clarity. Will see if I get used to it, gotta say I love how it repels my greasy fingerprints, screen looks so clean haha

19. STC macrumors 6502a

20. kcellup macrumors regular

kcellup

I have seen very little about the cost of the product and installation. What is it? How well does it fit with cases?

21. BruceButtcheeks macrumors member

BruceButtcheeks

$37.82 out the door with California tax for the glass... Very impressed.

22. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

Anyone have a pic of the packaging of this thing?

23. BruceButtcheeks macrumors member

BruceButtcheeks

The packaging is exactly what you see in the video from the op.

24. nalbagli macrumors 6502

I absolutely love this idea and the machine to install it, for me it was usually a problem installing screen protectors as I could never leave the screen protector completeley bubble free so this is an awesome idea.
    Still I think I would not use it mainly because of two reasons:
    - Tempered glass screen protectors, I like the feel of using tempered glass protector and installing those is really really easy, I have never encountered any type of problem installing them, I also feel that they protect the screen better than plastic protectors.
    - Second thing is price, I feel ripped off by belkin prices, on amazon I can buy the same protector from other brand and pay no more than 10 dollars, I don't feel there's a quality difference that justifies paying that much more.

25. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

What case is that looks real minimalist. Would be interested. Thanks for posting