Post pictures of white iPhone 6 here!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andrewtm, Sep 22, 2014.

1. andrewtm macrumors regular

I'm still struggling whether I should return my black iPhone 6 for a white one. I've never had a white phone and this is 2 years we're talking about so I'm just not sure. Could you guys post pictures of the white iPhone 6 here? I see them on Apple.com but I want more realistic pictures.

One thing I dislike about the white is how the screen doesn't blend in with the panel when it's turned off. But other than that, I would like to try something new.

I fell in love with the black iPhone 6 because of the design but I realized it's always going to be in a case, so the back/sides don't matter. It all comes down to the color of the front panel.

Please post pics and share your thoughts!

2. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

3. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I exchanged mine. The SG is just too boring and genetic looking. The silver/white is definitely more "Apple". It's also easier to spot if your scanning your living room on the way out the door.

4. N e e k macrumors 6502

Here are high-quality photos. White/Silver is the best color IMO.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Cableguy1973 macrumors newbie

Here you go

Attached Files:

6. WilliamG macrumors G3

To each his own. I feel like the white manages to successfully make the iPhone 6/6 Plus look huge, and detracts from the experience when viewing videos etc with that giant white/glaring border.

Space grey ALL the way.

7. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

I had the gold 5S and the white always bugged me a little. On the plus there was so much more white than before that I decided to go space gray. I'm happy I made that choice.

8. Traverse macrumors 604

Traverse

Opinions vary. I think the Space Gray is the most classy/sleek one.

9. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Agreed. A while back when some of the parts were slapped together I said something like "wouldn't it be cool if apple put the black front on the silver backing like a throwback to the old days" and it got a bunch of upvotes. Then, space gray came out and it's really light. I like the color a LOT.

10. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411412049.854830.jpg

And edited for by Instagram :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411412082.935109.jpg

I have been going back and forth on getting a white iPhone since the 4. I was set on ordering the white 4, but when it got delayed I got the black. When the 5 came out I was tempted again, but changed my mind at the last minute. This time I went for it and I am very happy with it. I still think the black/space grey looks great, I was just ready for a change. It also makes it easier to find on the couch or our black coffee table at night :)

I will still stay with black screens on iPads, since I tend to watch more video on the iPad than the iPhone.

11. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Great pics Neek! Love that I chose the silver/white phone

12. andrewtm thread starter macrumors regular

See I'm in the same exact boat. I've had my previous and only 2 iPhone's in black and I feel like getting white would really make it feel like an entirely new phone and upgrade. I love the Space gray and how sleek it looks but I'm going to have it in a case most of the time, so the only thing that really matters is the color of the front.

Are you having an easy time adjusting to a white phone? Do you have any problems with the "crunched screen" because of the contrasting black border around it?

13. miamiblue112 macrumors member

Black all the way. I've always had a black IP until recently. I had taken over my wife's white IP and hated it, plus the fellas ragged in me. (Needless to say the fellas are army buddies.)

14. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

15. AmyK macrumors member

I got the last plus in the store so I had to go with Gold... I wanted space gray... I still like the black front better but the white isn't awful.

16. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull

racist.

17. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

Gold, freshly unboxed.

Attached Files:

18. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

My first choice for my 6 Plus was the gold but I couldn't find it anywhere. I settled on the white/silver color as it is "somewhat" different unlike the space gray that EVERYONE has.

19. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

In my opinion, the biggest advantage of the white iPhone (and iPad) is that they don't show fingerprints and smudges on the bezel nearly as much as the black ones do. I went white for my iPhone 5S and liked it so much I then bought a white rMini and now this white iPhone 6. The black one looks awesome with the screen off (lying on your desk or something) but when the screen is on, the white looks amazing.

Just my opinion, of course.

20. andrewtm thread starter macrumors regular

Yes the lack of fingerprinting is great on the white, but what really is convincing me is the home button. I think it looks so much nicer on the white, with the silver ring. And the white in the white/black candy shell grip really gets me :p

21. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Well, there you go. Now go get one! :)

22. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I really like it. No problems with the screen seeming smaller.

23. andrewtm thread starter macrumors regular

You see I would, but I'm still deciding :D. I just love how the black's screen seamlessly connects with the panel when the screens off. I just don't know anymore!

----------

I think I might exchange mine then. Maybe Apple will make this easier for me if they only have one color in the capacity I want.

----------

This video helped alot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2X6a_lB1L4

I might just go ahead and exchange mine for a white just because my last one was black and having a black phone doesn't really feel like a HUGE upgrade from my last

24. M5RahuL macrumors 68030

M5RahuL

I like the White/Silver and the White/Gold. The gray is just...blah! nothing attractive about it to me.