Post pictures of your bumper cases!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Caris, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris

I'm really tempted to pick one up tomorrow but I can't find many pictures of them on internet in general let alone MR.

So post away, I want to see what they really look like!

2. puggles macrumors regular

We all have black phones with black bumpers lol...I can't take a picture but it looks really nice

3. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

Yeah were all stuck with black on black but im reeeeally loving the look...I also put on the invisible shield full body and its a perfect marriage. My phone will stay flawless!!...btw I will post pics soon as I get home.

4. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

5. phiberglass macrumors 6502a

phiberglass

6. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

Yes, let's see all those black on black iPhones everyone has! :rolleyes:

7. Caris thread starter macrumors 6502a

Caris

I know everyone has black on black, I just want to see some pics of them in the wild :)

8. pcguru83 macrumors 6502a

pcguru83

It's very stealthy looking. It is growing on me, but I really like the look of the silver.

9. Hawklight macrumors member

I really wish I had paid for next day shipping on the case when I ordered the phone because as of right now its nearly unusable with this antenna/software issue.

10. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

I love it with it on especially because of the protection. It still feels great. But when I take it off it feels even more amazing. I just want to be protected.

Just like a cond...... wait, wrong place to talk about that. :D

11. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

The black is growing on me, for sure....but I think the blue would have looked really cool too.

12. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

13. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

14. DrQueezy macrumors newbie

I went to the Apple store today, but they ran out of bumpers. So, while I was at Best Buy to get the invisible shield, I talked myself into getting the Griffin Reveal.

In my opinion, I've never had a case on any of my previous iPhones and I hate it! In addition to that, I've never used Invisible Shield before, and I think Bodyguardz makes a better film then they do.

I liked the bumper case, but only because it was as minimal as it could get. I love the design of this phone so much, but I'm just not brave enough to go naked with this one..

15. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

The black's growing on me too. I'm planning on stopping by the Apple Store this weekend to see what's left from the rampage today and tomorrow. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll have a few colors in stock. But, I'd settle for black too.

16. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

My pre-order arrived yesterday and I set it up last night after the kids went to bed.

I had called the Apple Store near me yesterday afternoon and was told accessories would be available this morning when they opened at 7 am and that if you were not buying an iPhone, no line, just walk on in.

This morning I went by said store at 7:45 on my way to work and the lines for reservations and walk-ins were crazy.

When I walked up near the doorway I was greeted and informed I could not buy a bumper till they officially opened at 10 am. I explained that someone told me I could and all I wanted was a bumper. Eventually after showing them my activated iPhone 4, they allowed me to buy one.

As far as the bumper goes, it looks nice and gives good protection. I also ordered a bestskinsever.com back skin yesterday that hasn't arrived yet and skins the back glass and the side band. I am thinking I may use that and keep the bumper to use only sometimes.

As one of the reviews noted, the new iPhone feels solid, looks great and is Lexus-like, making the 3G/3GS look like a toy. The bumper removes a bit of that distinction because you can't see the metal band anymore. But on the flip side, it gives it a nice grip and lifts the back glass off the surface you set it down on.

Warning: Only the Apple sync cable will plug in through it, you cannot use any other car charger etc. Which is ok for me because I have so many of them and my car charger is a power plug with usb jack so I will plug in the Apple cable to that. The other word of warning is that only the Apple headphones will fit in the headphone jack, like the days of the original recessed headphone jack, because the cutout in the case isn't that large. So, my car audio cable won't snap all the way down. Good thing I think I have an original recessed iPhone headphone jack adapter at home somewhere I can use to circumvent this.

17. Caris thread starter macrumors 6502a

Caris

Are they a nice snug fit? Looking at some pictures it looks they are flack around the edges.

18. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

These look pretty nice for $15-$20, but less so at their real price of $29. Still, the look is growing on me a little, enough to have one Bumper laying around.

19. HotFieryTech macrumors member

20. TJunkers macrumors 6502a

TJunkers

21. HotFieryTech macrumors member

It probably doesn't fit in the dock though and I like the plastic buttons on the bumper and the thinner form factor.

22. falconeight Guest

falconeight

I'm sorry to say it but the bumper is a peice of crap for 29.00 apple is making a killing off of this $.25 rubber and plastic.

23. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

If you bothered to look at one, you would see that the build quality is awesome, the holes line up perfectly, and it is sleek and stylish.